Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

HEY NY!!!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default HEY NY!!!!!!!!

How about we talk about something other than the pending laws? It IS August you know......we should be checking out the local deer. Any potential out there seen?

Have my sights on a mature 6 point. Would be a heck of an 8, but he just can't seem to grow brow tines. I have him on film from last year. Looks like he might be a 3.5 yo.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HEY NY!!!!!!!!

hey Phade, long time no "see"

haven't even been in the woods yet. actually just got the bow out the other day.

I really have been amazed on how few deer I've seen. I was on vacation and was up and golfling at 7am (6 times) and on the way to the courses didn't see 1 deer. I'm not worried, I know they are there.

Old 08-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

all i've seen so far is a couple of does but i haven't spent much time yet
Old 08-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

All i've really been doing is scouting from the chevy. I see some nice wide bucks,about 4 of them with smaller bucks,but I can't get premission to hunt it. On the land I hunt they planted corn in the field and I have seen does working the edges which will give me a 30 yard shot from my stand. No bucks on the property yet. Last year I saw about 7 and I know that 7 where taken from the area but which ones I don't know.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

last weeks ive been seeing them mid day someo f the biggest bucks i eever seen were last week in velvet but at my spotshvebt seen many
Old 08-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Phade -

Did my first "Scouting Trip" tonight - sat in a 20 ft tree stand, listened to the Yankees go up 4 -0, then blow it! Video taped 5 bucks (largest was a 2-1/2yr old 14" 8point) and 4 does in the soybeans 200 yds out. It was a really great night - till the Yankees gave up 6 runs in the 5th!!!!

Here's one I got my eye on:

Can't see the 8th point on the right antler from this angle - its smaller than the left side- but there.

FH
Old 08-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

Shoot...I've been watching the locals bucks since the middle of June!I've seen some pretty good ones so far around the house here in NE Steuben County. I haven't spotted any real whoppers yet...the biggest I've seen are a couple in the 130" class range. I'm planning on breaking out the spotlight tonight and hopefully will get a look at some of the bucks that have been waiting until darkness to come out to feed. The bucks around herehave beenacting kinda weird for the past couple of weeks...they seemed to have just disappeared...I guesstheymust havegone nocturnal already. The deer that I really want to hang my tag on this season is a big 3 yr. old 7-pt. that I've been watching since the beginning of June. He actually looks quite alot like the buck in farm hunter's trailcam photo...he should be a P&Y class 8-pt. but only has a big fork on his right side. I'm guessing he's probably 18-19" inside and had around 8-9" G-2's the last time I saw him in the alfalfa field which was in the earlier part of July. I'm sure he's put on some more tine length since then. If he won't cooperate with me this fall...there's also four nice 2 yr. olds that hang out with him...3 are nice 8-pts. andthe other oneshould be a 8 but he doesn't have any browtines. I sure can't wait for October to get here.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:55 AM

No big ones yet, but the cams are out so that should tell a better story. They are definately hitting the beans and soon enough the good apples and acorns that are outmy way in Catt. County.I found some good tracks last weekend setting a few stands, but they arejust not showing themselves yet.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

Good to see some of the reuglars still around.

FH- I'll be getting out for some stand scouting this coming week. What is the background of your cam pic? Looks like a creek?

Doughboy- I've seen less deer at this point of the year than I ever have. But, I am hoping it is due to the corn planted on my hunting property. Hopefully they are there, I saw tons all winter. As soon as summer hit, and the corn got above a couple feet...they disappeared.

Funny, they seem to do that during hunting season as well..

BTW I have a small article in D&DH upcoming, as well as one of its sister publications.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.