Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

HEY NY!!!!!!!!

Old 08-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: HEY NY!!!!!!!!

Today got my blood pumping...finally.

While visiting family...it doubles as my long range scouting. My hunting grounds surround their house.

Saw two shooter bucks in an alfalfa field, and a field behind the house I saw 4 fanws with 3 does.

One buck is a six that I have seen before, the other is a nice 8 pointer. Might be a 2.5 yr old, but very healthy rack.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Well...the big 7-pt. has been showingup in the alfalfa field on a regular basis again, but since the field is highly visible from the road, it's usuallynot untilvery last light or right at daybreak. I've been trying to get some video of him and theseveralyounger 8-pts. in the bachelor groupfor the past two evenings .The 7-pt. is now in his dark winter coat and appears to be fat and healthy from all the alfalfa he's been eating this summer. I'm expecting to see him without velvet on his antlers any day now. The rest of the younger bucks / does in the area still have a pretty reddish tint to their coats.The chilly mornings sure are getting meworked up about bowseason which isstill 51 days away. I guess I'll have to take my frustrations out on some bushytails next week. Anyone out there seen any "hard horn" bucks yet?
Old 08-25-2005, 10:58 AM

I am in Catt county and things are looking pretty slow. The early apples have dropped and they are actually rotting on the ground. These are normally eaten within 24 hrs.I think it is going to be a ittle more challenging this year.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

i hung a stand last week