Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

[Deleted]

Old 07-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Spike

Default RE: New York rifle bill passes: UPDATE

But what about next year? I heard that a few counties were included in the original bill, but the political winds shifted and they were taken out of the final bill. But what they can give, they can take away. Also, what about Steuben hunters, hunting on property adjacent to Allegany County and visa versa. If I shoot a deer with my rifle and it runs over into Steuben County, am I allowed to pursue it? What about finishing it off? If the gov. signs the bill it goes into effect immediately. Also, how did the counties get chosen? Why one county and not another? Who did the choosing and what was their criteria? How did some counties get out of it (like Chatauqua) and others tried to and were not allowed? And what is the plan for the future? And why wasn't the rifle season brought up at the statewide Spring informational meetings
Old 07-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-25-2005, 02:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

There carzy allowing rifles in all of Tioga county.

Our paper had an article last Sunday and my predicition seems to be coming true. Landowners that never posted before are going to post now.

Ahh looks good for Bowhunters.

Hey guys, I am new here but I thought this would be a good topic to get started on. I spoke to the county legislators this past we and yes some of the land owners are going to post but it was a funny thing when they were asked if they were going to hunt with a rifle they unanimously said yes.
I myself being an "accuracy nut" will look forward to put four deer in my freezer this year.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:33 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-25-2005, 03:27 PM

As you may have guessed I am pro Rifle, I do not trophy hunt in-fact I may only guide this year because my wife is going to hunt for the first time ever and I may grunt and rattle for her I will have my rifle just in case. I also reload for our weapons so she gets lots of practice at TCSA (range) She goes for her hunter safety course 4&6 of Aug. She will be shooting my SKS with a scope and synthetic stock I am going to have to order the 5 rnd. Mag. for it ASAP. So the chest freezer should be full this year for sure.
By the way the land owners that are posting their land over this rifle issue, IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT! When you get a proposal together you should do so before it goes to the Governor by then it is TOOOOOOOOOOO late. The boat has left thestate and you guys are showing up at the dock with the oars. So post your land on yourselves as well.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:37 AM
Spike

I have talked to three DEC officers and they hav'nt heard anything about it and said that if the bill passed that it might take until next year to get implemented into the rulebook,so make sure before you go out with the grandads old 06 that it is legal.Thats all you need to have happen is getting arrested because the rules didnt get changed!
Old 07-26-2005, 06:33 AM

I hear you there, but according to the bill it is to take effect immediately. So under the "letter" of the law the minute it is signed it is legal. By the way it is not Gradads 06 it is my New 06 LOL.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:37 AM

This is the last paragraph of the bill:

21 S 3. This act shall take effect immediately, provided that the amend-
22 ments to paragraph a of subdivision 2 of section 11-0907 of the environ-
23 mental conservation law made by section one of this act shall be subject
24 to the expiration and reversion of such paragraph pursuant to section 13
25 of chapter 600 of the laws of 1993, as amended, when upon such date the
26 provisions of section two of this act shall take effect.
.SO DOC S 918A *END* BTXT 2005

I AM NOT A JEDI YET!!! seems there is a clause in there I didn't see before!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 07:05 AM

Hey guys,

I live in Montana but head back every year to hunt in the Fillmore, Ny. area.
I think that is in Allegany county am I correct?

Montana
Old 07-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Spike

Montana: Yes, Allegany County is one of the few counties which will see rifle season, if the governor signs the bill. So get ready to pack your rifle. As it stands right now, I just got through speaking to one of Gov. Pataki's liasons. He said that he didn't think that he will sign it until "the end of the summer." He also said that he doesn't know if he will sign it or not.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.