Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

help in PA

Old 07-19-2005, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default help in PA

does anyone know if DCNR will be running the DMAP program for Promised Land State Park in 3D?
wanna get me and my son (his first season) a tag in 3d and 4c. 4c looks harder to come by, and i'd put in for that first, if i knew DCNR was running the dmap again. if not i gotta put in for 3d first to be safe because we rented a cabin at promised land for the 1st week of gun season (wanted to make his first one real memorable)

any input would be appreciated
Old 07-19-2005, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: help in PA

The PGC website says that Dmap info wont be available till August. I'd go for the sure thing where you'd most like to hunt with that first doe tag.

Good luck to you and your son
Old 07-19-2005, 08:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Your game plan sounds similar to mine. I typically apply for 3D first as I hunt the promised land area during rifle. Then during the first bonus round I typically apply for 4C as that is where I do all of my bowhunting a bit of rifle as well. Now here is the deciding factor, 4C reduced its doe license allocations by about 12% if memory serves me. 3Ds reduction was more significant so it may be wise to apply for 3D first and then 4C second.

On a related note, we rent one of those Promised Land cabins on Bear Wallow road for the first day of trout each year. Great time! But make sure to dial 1-888- PAParks and not 1-800 unless you like to hear about certain adult services.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Promise land .LOL More ;like broken promises
Old 07-20-2005, 05:34 AM

boysda,
According to the recent FLIR surveys Promise Land had almost 24 deer per square mile and this is before the fawn drop this spring. I would say the will definatley have DMAP tags available for the area.
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/deer/deersurvey_D19.aspx
Old 07-20-2005, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

you da man. thanks alot! going to a cabin in northern canada thursday for 10 days, and gotta get this done tonight.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: boysda

does anyone know if DCNR will be running the DMAP program for Promised Land State Park in 3D?
wanna get me and my son (his first season) a tag in 3d and 4c. 4c looks harder to come by, and i'd put in for that first, if i knew DCNR was running the dmap again. if not i gotta put in for 3d first to be safe because we rented a cabin at promised land for the 1st week of gun season (wanted to make his first one real memorable)
Boysda, if you want your son to have a memorable first season take him as far away from the crouds as possible, keep him away from if it's brown it's down croud, Promised Land is one of those places. Good luck to your son on his first hunt, you two will never forget that day.

any input would be appreciated
Old 07-20-2005, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a link to DCNR's DMAP stuff for this year.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/dmap/index.aspx
Old 07-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Promise land .LOL More ;like broken promises
Come on now CD, why do you always have to be so bitter? What broken promises are you talking about?