Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 pa. game com. and 4 wheelers >

pa. game com. and 4 wheelers

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

pa. game com. and 4 wheelers

Old 07-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: pa. game com. and 4 wheelers

Look's like the law may have passed. the fine was $136.50 payable to PGC. That's a heafty fine good way for the PGC to get a little extra money, they say they need it.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:37 PM

i guess if the neighbors turned their kids loose to run the streets and do a few drugs that would cure the problem. lets see keep the kids out of the woods and put them on the streets. to me that does notmake much sense. the point i was asking about was whyis the PGA spending 1000's of dollars chasing these kids threw the woods for private land owners.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:45 PM

So I guess what the big hairy gripe is is that the kid was ticketed for trespassing, which he shouldn't have been doing anyway, but the evil glame commission shouldn't have tagged him because he will end up doing drugs or something? Frankly this takes the blame someone else for what I did wrong mentality to a new high. Who was in the wrong here? Was it the game commission for enforcing the law? I am just confused, I guess.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:55 PM

after trying to make sense out of your post i would say yes you are confused. lets try this again why are they spending 1000's of dollars to make $136.50. and why are they doing the local police departments job. chasing a kid threw the woods in the middle of the summer has nothing to do with hunting or hunters.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

PA should be like some other states. You get caught trespassing its a felony!
Old 07-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

They should fine the little bastaards parents for buying him a fourwheeler and then sending him to some one elses land to rip up.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:42 PM

Wow, looks like the little urchin is the problem and most everyone is in agreement. Parental guidance goes a long way. People seem to not be able to hold themselves accountable and are always blaming someone else for problems their actions got them into. Whaaaa I got caught riding on private property and it's the PGC's fault because they are spending $$ on enforcement. If there wasn't an ATV tresspassing problem there wouldn't be an inforcement problem. nuff said.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:46 PM

lets try this again why are they spending 1000's of dollars to make $136.50. and why are they doing the local police departments job. chasing a kid threw the woods in the middle of the summer has nothing to do with hunting or hunters.
Well then, please count me as confused. First of all, where did you get the information that they spent thousands of dollars to make $136.50 in fines? Even if true, I guess what you are saying is that anything the blame commission does should be profitable? If not chasing a trespasser through the woods isn't what you think they should do, that is fine. It is your opinion, not mine. I am pleased that they caught the little snot. In addition to the fine, they should slap his parents. The local police have plenty to do chasing down your druggie kids who can't ride four-wheelers where they want to on private land without permission.
By the way, perhaps it is you that is confused. A kid chasing all over the woods with a four-wheeler does have somthing to do with hunting. Think it through.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think some are missing the point here.The PGC has a program which landowners can enroll in which keeps their land open to hunting.I think it's still called coop.
This program gives the landowner some benefits which includes help with ATV tresspassers tearing up their land.Some other benefits include free seedlings {which is being cut,stocking of pheasants,free of liability from lawsuits.
As I was told by the PGC to get them to assist in ATV riders tearing up your land you have to be enrolled in the program.I think it's a good benefit for those with land open to hunting.
The PGC does not or will not enforce those laws on all private lands.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:22 PM

i never said that the kids were not quilty. and i never said it was ok to damage someones property. but around here there are hundreds maybe even thousands of lease and logging roads and thats where the kids ride. i just think it is foolish to spend our fees that way. there are to many good ways to spend it on the hunters and hunting areas. to chase a kid down a dirtroad is a waste of time and a waste of our fees. the point is the PGA is crying broke and raising fees for things like this.

Quick Reply: pa. game com. and 4 wheelers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.