Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Columbus Area Archery Shops >

Columbus Area Archery Shops

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Columbus Area Archery Shops

Old 03-18-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Columbus Area Archery Shops

Where do you guys (and gals) go for pro shop assistance in the Columbus area. The only "pro shops" that I'm aware of in the immediate area are Vance's and Fisherman's Warehouse, both of which are just adjuncts to their other operations. Are there any true pro shops in the metro area, or do we all have to go to Delaware, Newark, or Lancaster for assistance?
Old 03-28-2005, 08:36 PM

Default RE: Columbus Area Archery Shops

I'm with hunohio, I just recently moved to Columbus, I am from WV and used to shoot alot of 3-D, and indoor archery. I would love to find someplace to shoot indoors and 3-d outdoors. I know I am getting rusty.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not an archer, but it's cool to know that there are members in the Columbus area. If you guys ever want to get together, start a thread. I'll sign up!
Old 03-29-2005, 07:42 PM

Well, we definitely should do something. Where do you guys live and hunt? I'm in Gahanna and hunt in Muskingham County, although that's likely to change after this last season. Far too many people. Got to find something a lot more isolated.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hunohio

Well, we definitely should do something. Where do you guys live and hunt? I'm in Gahanna and hunt in Muskingham County, although that's likely to change after this last season. Far too many people. Got to find something a lot more isolated.
I'm in Galloway -- just West of Columbus.

I only hunt local State land, and with a few friends on property they have permission to hunt. With two young boys, it's not been practical to plan a hunting trip to another county, staying over night, etc...

As far as getting together, If enough folks are interested, we could meet at a steakhouse, or something, along 270 for a dinner, or when a decent event, gun show, etc. comes along, we could plan to meet up there... just some thoughts.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not from that area, but have you been to any 3D shoots? That's usually a good place to here about pro-shops, indoor leagues, etc. Any archery shop should have flyers for some 3D shoots.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:19 PM

I'm all for meeting up and finding somewhere to shoot. I love to shoot 3-d but can't find any of those around here either. I can't wait to get to a 3-d shoot somewhere. Anyway if some of you folks want to get together somewhere let's get a game plan together.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:50 AM

O.K. fella's hopefully I can help a little.
I have lived in Central and Eastern Ohio for the past 31 years.

There are a few shops that I frequent and I will give the low down on one I hope goes out of business.

The first is for the 3-D'er. Fairfeild outdoors, in Lancaster Ohio. They can help with all your 3-D needs. There are also shoots every Friday night, starting at 6:30-7:00 and usually go to 9:00 or 10:00. Good group of people if not the best. There are people who travel from W.V. and Kentucky sometimes to shoot this small shoot. We are all one big family there.
There is also Broken Arrow archery in Newark. It is located on Mt. Vernon rd. They have I.B.O. shoots through the summer and an indoor range for the bad weather days.
Inside shots on these two, at the most would be 25 yards.

Shops: There is Fishermans warehouse, in columbus. (Oneida owners=R&R sporting goods, front st. Columbus). Buckeye Outdoors, buckeye lake area. Vances shooters supply, columbus. Fairfeild outdoors, Lancaster. T&K archery and guns, Zanesville.
These are the main shops I frequent. (mat at Fishermans warehouse, Bill at Buckeye outdoors, Shane at Fairfield outdoors, and Tom at T&K). These are some of the techs at the shops that I would allow to do work on my bows.

There is also Fin Feather and Fur, in Ashland Ohio.
This is the shop I do not care for. I will leave ot at that.[:@]
Old 04-05-2005, 07:06 AM

Thanks Supershark. I was aware of some of these. Unfortunately, only two are really close in to the metro area. I do frequent Buckeye Outdoors quite abit for a variety of things, but I'm always a litte leary of dealing with an archery shop that is just a a small part of a much bigger operation (same with Vance's, Gander Mountain, etc.). Just wish we had an honest to goodness archery only shop within or closer to the 270 loop.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:54 PM

For those central Ohio archers interested in 3-D shoots and club information, try this address that I stumbled across: http://freemal.homeip.net/Archery/archery.htm

Quick Reply: Columbus Area Archery Shops

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.