Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Michigan

Old 03-20-2005, 11:48 AM

Default RE: Michigan

This is great I love chillin' with "Yoopers"

bownutty ive hunted in alger and in delta counties, I just wondering if you see much around there? (dont worry I dont want to know where you hunt anyways)
Old 03-20-2005, 10:05 PM

I'm a Yooper ,Icedragon,
I live outside a small town of Powers,It's in Menominee County
I'm from Toledo, Ohio and hunt in this guys back yard apparently.

I was trying to think of how to describe where I hunted last year as I read all the posts and then I found this on and it said everything for me.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:57 AM

Live in St. Louis, Michigan and mostly hunt in Midland county but do hunt some in Montcalm and Newago county, Have Sons-in-laws that live in those countys.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah there is pretty good hunting here,
I usually walk out my back door 1/4 mile through the feild and hunt the edge.Or head into the woods abit.
I also drive the Gruelling 3 1/2 miles to the other side of the block and head in from that side.
This past season I took a Big five point and a Nice eight point,Along with Three does.
I have yet to top nine poiunts though,I have taken Three of them in past season's
But as hunting goes you have to work at it.
Thats actually how I came up with my name for the board many years ago.
I look for that tenth point,But all I can count up to is the 9th tine.
If you ever get in my neck of the woods maybe we could get together.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:19 PM

Icedragon,

Of course I'm seeing game there or I would not hunt there. The deer numbers seem to be down a bit, but there are still plenty to be had, they put the wolves back up here[&o]. I am going into Alger to chase turkeys in May and their flocks seem to be getting larger every year. Had a successfull season last year. Got a nice tom with the bow and my buddy shot his tom with the shotgun. One on the May opener and the other the next day. It was rough because we had to stay at camp for three more days with nothing to do but hit the lake and fish. Turkeys are inching their way further north as time goes by, so hopefully in the future you can hunt them further north, I live in Ishpeming Twp.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:45 AM

ORIGINAL: bownutty

Icedragon,

Of course I'm seeing game there or I would not hunt there. The deer numbers seem to be down a bit, but there are still plenty to be had, they put the wolves back up here[&o]. I am going into Alger to chase turkeys in May and their flocks seem to be getting larger every year. Had a successfull season last year. Got a nice tom with the bow and my buddy shot his tom with the shotgun. One on the May opener and the other the next day. It was rough because we had to stay at camp for three more days with nothing to do but hit the lake and fish. Turkeys are inching their way further north as time goes by, so hopefully in the future you can hunt them further north, I live in Ishpeming Twp.
Yea wolves have destroyed the Deer population up there.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah the Idea to re-introduce the wolves was a bad idea,Some DNR had a brain fart when
they thought of doing that.
We already had coyote's and Big cat's even though they wouldn't admit to the cat's being here,Till someone hit one with a car.
But even so the Deer still seem to be doing OK.