Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois - Crossbows >

Illinois - Crossbows

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois - Crossbows

Old 02-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Illinois - Crossbows

Wisconsin and Michigan only allow handicap hunters and people over 65 to hunt w/ a crossbow. IMO crossbows do NOT belong in the same season as regular archery. We as bowhunters have been under the microscope for a long time and making crossbows legal will not help the situation.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

deer hunting in il brings in alot of revenue for the state by allowing crossbow hunting for everyone and by allowing shotguns and muzzleloaders during pistol season is just going to bring more money in for the state. i bet our deer tags will be going up pretty soon too.more hunters more money, the way i see it everything is about money. just my opinion. oh yes nr tags are going up too.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

from what i hear NR's will be paying close to $500 to bowhunt with 2 tags i don't believe quotas will be necessary 1 of the hunters that goes with me says he's backing out if this is true.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

Duramax,

Take a minute and read this article
http://www.pjstar.com/stories/021105...LTDR.068.shtml

Yes hunting will be a money sport before long. Those who have lots of it will be able to enjoy the sport. Those of us who dont wont be enjoying the future.

IL jacks up the NR tags and so will all the other states. ALL of us will suffer if you deer hunt and the herd will suffer too.

We have to get the politics out of the DNR.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

sounds like some of the same stuff i'm hearing in ga. budget cuts closing down state funded wma's.reducing the number of conservation officers.meanwhile the dnr has drastically lowered the number of deer statewide with higher bag limits and we don't even tag deer here anymore.i wonder how many other states are going through the same thing.the insurance lobby is responsible in ga.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:35 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: duramaxlt

from what i hear NR's will be paying close to $500 to bowhunt with 2 tags i don't believe quotas will be necessary 1 of the hunters that goes with me says he's backing out if this is true.
If that's true then they just priced themselves out of this non-res' pockets , too much for me . I can hunt two states for that price , pity Illinois won't be one of them . [&o]
Old 02-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

yeah Kevin thats what some of the guys i hunt with are saying to.but i'm definately going a couple of time this year then i may look into Ohio next year i may have a couple of contacts up there.