Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Ready for october in Wi. >

Ready for october in Wi.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ready for october in Wi.

Old 08-14-2002, 08:16 AM

Default Ready for october in Wi.

Just got my plane ticket for hunting in Wisconsin in October. I'll be hunting near Rhinlander. Can't wait. It will be nice to see some cool weather, awfully hot hear in Florida. Glad to hear that CWD hasn't got that far north. Didn't take a shot last year, but if we were rifle hunting, could have shot deer every day. The people up there claim it's where God goes to retire. If the number of deer is an indication, I agree.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ready for october in Wi.

Glad to hear you're coming back. I wouldn't believe everything you hear about CWD here in WI. Lots of people running scared. What it means is better hunting for you and me.
I don't want you to get anxious or anything, but the days seem to be getting a little cooler, some nights are down right cold (40's), and several maples right out my window are starting to change color. The bow shops are busy all day, and lots of patrons are bringing in game tracker pics of BIG bucks all in velvet.
Close your mouth....you're drooling!
-ost
Old 08-19-2002, 07:51 PM
Spike

Hope you have a good season here in wisc, the cwd scare is just that at this time.Most of us in the west central part of the state think it has been around longer than what their saying.But with the lack of private land acsess and lack of good herd managment it is now coming out, hopefully hunters and landowners will come together on this and Knock it out before it gets to far.
Old 08-19-2002, 10:53 PM

Hey, good luck this season. I took a trip to minnosoda a couple weeks ago. i live in the U.P so i ride through Rhinlander to get to minnosoda and we saw a nice 10 pointer cross the road. He crossed right where the road construction is. Goodluck again .
Old 08-21-2002, 02:09 AM
Banned

Welcome to Wi, Good Luck and Show us pics and the story of you're success after the hunt.

Peak
Live and Learn
Old 09-11-2002, 03:07 AM

hey guys anyone up there in wis. got any pointers on how to find a good place to bow or gun hunt for deer up there. thanks
Old 09-11-2002, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

I think it depends on where you are going. Most of the northern part of the state is public land. In the center of the state, the paper companies have large areas that are open to public hunting. Here in the Northeast, farmers are willing to let you on their land to reduce the number of does.
Where are you going?
-ost
Old 09-11-2002, 08:54 PM

ostcd,
i am just looking to try and find a good place up that way,it would be nice to get on private land,i am in NC now but you guys have bigger deer then we do,so i guess i need to go north for a few days, any help would be appricated, my email is [email protected] thanks
Old 09-13-2002, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

outlaw, where in WI are you going to be?
-ost
Old 09-15-2002, 11:36 PM

i am open ost. anywhere with a nice buck would be ok with me

Quick Reply: Ready for october in Wi.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.