Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Central Ohio deer hunting >

Central Ohio deer hunting

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Central Ohio deer hunting

Old 11-22-2004, 05:49 PM

Default Central Ohio deer hunting

Hello everyone. This is my first post on any hunting forum. I was wondering if anyone knows of where I can deer hunt with a shotgun in Central Ohio? I live in Fairfield county. My dad and I lost our place to deer hunt, and we're having a heck of a time finding anyplace new. My dad has deer hunted all of his life but this year is the first year that I was planning on going with him. We've been knocking on doors but so far no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Central Ohio deer hunting

Yeah...I know a place in central Ohio. Go to down town Columbus...at the Ohio State campus..and take out my ex-girlfriend!
Old 11-22-2004, 10:42 PM
Fork Horn

pat curtis you sir are a idiot. you are talking to a juvenile hunter and like i said you are an idiot. this is a hunting forum anfd the administraters shoul ban you for talking crap like that after the events in wi. your an idiot. olwhitt if you must, go to muskingum county to hunt if you can not find anyplace. the have approximately 100000 acres to hunt that is either electric lands or management areas. all run by the dnr. there is plenty of room to get away from other hunters. and 5000 plus deer alone in that county last year were taken during gun season on both public and private property.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bad day Miller? Get over it..it was a joke..hence the "wink." I'm sure a 5 year old has the ability to construe the digression of perception and reality of my original post.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:38 PM

I thought it was funny, I definitely didn't see any reason for calling Pat an idiot, 3 times over especially!

I don't know Ohio very well, so I can't say where you should go... sorry.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

And the thing is is that she IS a psycho! Did you know that I was not allowed to wear cologne except when I was with her..b/c she thought I was trying to seduce other girls with it!? Oh the stories I could tell about her... [:@]

On a serious note though...when I drove down to Columbus (taking HW 33)..I passed through some good areas that appeard to have decent hunting land. The one I remember the most was by a town called "Bellfountain" or something similar. It was hilly...lots of wooded areas..as well as farm land.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:44 AM

olwhitt - I hunt public land in Muskingham County and suggest you give that a try. The Woodbury and Tri-Valley WMAs are good places to start.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:20 PM

There is some decent public land in Perry county right next to you. And there are some farmers that are more than willing to give permission. Muskingum county is good, too.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:44 PM

Where at in fairfield do you live.