Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Thoughts and prayers with WI deer hunters >

Thoughts and prayers with WI deer hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Thoughts and prayers with WI deer hunters

Old 11-22-2004, 09:23 AM

Default Thoughts and prayers with WI deer hunters

Just turned on the news this morning in the Seattle area and saw the terrible incident that happened this weekend and wanted to pass on my condolences to all those affected. Does any one know what the dispute started over and if they caught the person responsible?
Old 11-22-2004, 09:46 AM

Default RE: Thoughts and prayers with WI deer hunters

There is a post about this in deerhunting forum. From what I read, the guy got PO'ed because someone refused him hunting on private land. He went home and got a semi automatic weapon or something and came back and shot 8 hunters, killed 5 of them, wounded 3.

Sad day indeed.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

It started when the land owner confronted a hunter who was tresspassing and sitting in a tree stand that belonged to a member of the owners hunting party. The guy shot the owner and a companion, they used a radio to contact other members of their party and as they approched the gunnman opened fire on them chasing them through the woods killing 5 people including a mother and her teenage son. The story is on MSN. On this Thanksgiving take time to say a prayer for the affected families and friends, and take time to give thanks for all you have because you are still alive to feel the rain, and the sunshine.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

This was a Non-resident from Minnesota that did the shooting. Most likely a Hmong immigrant from Vietnam, we have lots of them in the midwest.

Another reason for Wisconsin to raise the NR deer license from $160 up to $300+ ... just like Iowa and Illinois.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

i heard the same story as KONK and 1sagittarius except that when they called for help he sniped the other hunters from the stand. either way i am very sorry for the families.[]
Old 11-22-2004, 07:13 PM

I heard about this from a friend of mine. She said (i cant remember which) if it was her uncles land or land her uncle hunts. her uncle is doug below, the guy on the natural gear ads. she said that he wasnt hunting there for some reason that day. crazy tho.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:04 PM
Spike

How is raising the NR license fee supposed to stop this type of incident? I've hunted in WI for almost 20 years and still do, just because my job made me move to IL shouldn't force me to pay extrodranary fees. I probably spend more money going hunting in WI than some of the residents. I also go own land in WI. But because it's not my primary residence, I do not get resident license fees. Take this incident for what it is... A crazy, horrible accident.

As a side note, it didn't make my family feel any better that I was only a few counties west of where this happened.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:13 AM

Its insane that someone would just shoot these people because HE was on someone elses land no less hunting with an assult rifle...[&:]..figure that out.. He's saying that they were saying racial things towards him. He also says they shot at him 1st. I doubt thats true. 3-4 years ago someone was shot in the back 2 times. they now think the mong who shot these people could be who shot this guy years previous.. something about he had(not sure on the vehical) A Grey Nissan? that witnessess had seen leaving the scene, he had owned one at one time. There Doing an Investigation In The case.
Just because someone calls you a name dont mean you shoot them! (pardon my speling on a laptop) He climed a treestand then says he didnt know it was private prority..if theres a tree stand..thats not yours...thats private propority as is the land he was on.
And the hunting deer with an assult rifle..thats insane. He got caught because some people helped him out of the woods because he got lost. and the people tok his backtag number. outragious.
Cory.
Old 11-25-2004, 05:22 PM

you can go to this site for more info http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/10246138.htm

he is being look at for another killing of a hunter in 2001
Old 11-27-2004, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Yesterday the Milwaukee Journal reported Vang had previously been issued a a $244 citation for trespassing near Green Lake, WI., while deer hunting.

Vang had trespassed before!

http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/nov04/278618.asp

Quick Reply: Thoughts and prayers with WI deer hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.