Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 South Dakota Big Bucks >

South Dakota Big Bucks

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

South Dakota Big Bucks

Old 10-14-2004, 08:56 AM

Default South Dakota Big Bucks

I'm seeing pictures of bucks from all over the country on this forum. I put together a page of some really nice bucks from South Dakota. These are Mule Deer.
If You'd like to see them I guess you'll have to ask for a link. As I understand the rules I'm not supposed to link to any websites.
You can send an email to [email protected] and I'll send you the link.

I tried to resize a picture of three bucks to show here, but they wouldn't load.

I did a little trapping in this area last winter and I sure wish I'd had a good camera because I saw some really big deer. For anyone interested its an available area for hunting.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:32 PM
Spike

Default RE: South Dakota Big Bucks

Where are you from and where are these monster deer. I live in Watertown and hunted Clark county last year. This year I am headed to my uncles farm in Potter county. I have heard stories of large bucks there and cannot wait to make bag the big one. We never saw any truely large deer in Clark county but there sure are a lot of them. When I go to Potter county this fall I will hopefully get a big buck and a doe.

Mark
Old 10-17-2004, 09:04 AM

Hello Mark.
I'm from Kimball myself. I'm the webmaster for this new outfitter.
These big bucks are on their ranch, in the River breaks north of Burke SD.
You'll have to email me for a link to their site as by the rules I'm not allowed to post it here.
You can request the link by emailing [email protected]

Thank you
Old 10-19-2004, 05:53 PM

there are big uns in potter....i know a couple people with land there. i got land in miller that i hunt and im in school in brookings...man thats a b!tch of a drive.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:25 PM

Your probably talking white tails aren't you?
What we have down here in the river breaks are mule deer.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:13 PM
Spike

Yea, all I have hunted so far is whitetails. I can't wait. I need to get to the range so I can practice, practice, practice. I would hate to get buck feaver and miss a really big one. Is it just me or does it seem like the opener is really late this year. Last year I thought it was November 8 and this year it is November 20. I will probably also get a couple of doe tags for Clark county because there are so many deer here it is unbeliavable. I almost got one with my truck tonight.

happy hunting
Mark