Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 no safety harness >

no safety harness

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

no safety harness

Old 10-08-2004, 02:25 PM

Default no safety harness

A friend at work was telling me that this week his nephew was hunting near Clinton Il. and fell out of his stand. No safety harness. He severed his heel and may never work again.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:38 PM

Default RE: no safety harness

Sorry to hear that, freezermeat. I work as an EMT, and hate to hear about anyone getting hurt. I prefer to be paid for what I am trained and ready to do, than to actually do it.

With that being said, I find it hard to believe that he will never work again from a severed heel. I know that would be a very painful injury, it would take quite some time to recover, but he should be able to work in the future. I will talk to a doc at work, too, but it sounds to me like an injury that shouldn't limit his future too greatly.

Good luck to him for a speedy recovery.