Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunting >

Indiana Hunting

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunting

Old 07-31-2004, 01:21 AM

Default Indiana Hunting

Hello All!!

I'm very interested in finding somewhere to hunt in Indiana. Tippecanoe County doesn't have any hunting areas here that I know of and I'd like to find some place to go. That way I can take my wife who enjoys hunting too and our two kids hunting. I'd like to be able to find a place to go and my son is looking forward to going too. Any ideas or info would be very helpfull. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunting

I'm in St. Jo. County. Came from NH a year ago. It is tough to find places to hunt up here. Lots of knocking on doors. Most people that will allow hunting already have somebody that hunts, and they are reluctant to allow more people in, especially people they don't know. I had luck at one farm, mostly beacuse my daughter was in the car when I went to ask. Guess they figured I must be OK if I was bringing her along.

Good luck.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:21 PM

Ive got permission to hunt at camp Taoka in Southern Indiana.Just me.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Dominant Buck

BlAcKhAwK63 ,
get on TerraServer and start researching the publics around you , there are plenty of small ones that get little or no pressure . The topo map feature will highlight the public properties very clearly . There's a big chunk of the Hoosier Natl. forest near you , if you go back about 1/2 mile you'll probably be the only one around . There are also plenty of state forests in this state , all are good hunting .

As you get settled in start visiting some of the local taverns and buy a round or two , you'll get popular in a short time and people will begin to offer access when they get to know you better , just like anywhere else .
Old 08-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Spike

You wouldn't have happend to just move to Tippecanoe Cty would you have? I just moved to Lafayette a few months. I am struggling to find place myself. I was shown around Willow Slough Fish and Wildlife area and it is decent but takes around an hour to get there.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:45 PM

I moved to Lafayette almost 4 years ago..... I've been to Willow Slough and it's rough to find a decent spot in those woods there to setup for hunting especially using a tree climber....LOL But i'm still looking for a good place to hunt. Maybe we can get together sometime and come up with some ideas.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:26 PM

Head Nothh West and hunt Jasper-Polaski WMA loaded with deer .