Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin Gun Deer Season >

Wisconsin Gun Deer Season

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Gun Deer Season

Old 06-29-2004, 01:18 PM

Default Wisconsin Gun Deer Season

Any of you Wisconsin hunters, or hunters going into WI for the gun deer season, know of public areas to hunt or "pay to hunt" areas/lodges? I was recently hunting in the Waupun area but recently had my deer stand taken from me. I hunted on a farm that my friend's father had given me permission to hunt on. Due to their growing extended family, through marriages and such, I was taken off the list. Anyone know of public hunting areas or perhaps lodges that offer hunting packages? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:50 PM

Default RE: Wisconsin Gun Deer Season

Hunterhl,
Try the Tiffany public hunting land near Nelson Wisconsin. This is in Buffalo County. You will have a chance at some good bucks . I own land that has private access to the Tiffany, you would have no other hunters to compete with other than a few neighbors. Let me know if you want more info. new e-mail is [email protected]
Old 06-30-2004, 09:04 AM

Thanks for the information. I'll definitely have to look into that. I've always thought that ANY public hunting areas would be totally saturated with other hunters. Can this be really true that there's plenty of room? I'd like to find out more about this place.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:07 PM

Hunterhl,
I WOULD BE GLAD TO GIVE YOU ALL THE INFO YOU NEED. I have lived in this area for 46 years. If you are a respectful person you could cross my land to access this public land. Also if you have a camper you could camp . All I would ask is that you leave no trace when you leave.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

If the public land thing doesn't work out for you, I have an awesome lease in that area I could use some help paying for. I also know a good guide in that area that takes only one or two guys a year to pay his taxe's.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:17 AM

Hey SCHL44, I live in Ellsworth but have been travleing to Tiffany the last 3 years to hunt. Always see deer, but typically see Bucks during T-Zone. In your opinion, where is the best place to acces Tiffany?? I usually park near the airfield and access there. Any help would be appreciated. I plan on doing a lot of bowhunting in Tiffany this year..