Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Bow hunting Elk in CO. >

Bow hunting Elk in CO.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Bow hunting Elk in CO.

Old 04-23-2004, 08:07 PM

Default Bow hunting Elk in CO.

Colorado
Elk Hunting with Bow

I’m looking to put a group of hunters together for a trip out west to bow hunt for ELK. We will leave SEPTEMBER 8 AND RETURN HOME ON THE 17th.

I live in St. Paul Park MN. I’M NOT A GUIDE! I have been hunting out in CO for the past 11 years on self guided hunts for a total of 16 trips for deer and elk.

This is a non guided hunt on public lands. I will help you out as much as I can. We will be camping in tents with a wood or propane stove. I have the equipment for the camping and cooking for a group of 3 to 8 hunters. I have a ford F350 crew cab pickup that will fit 4/5 people. you will be responsible for your personal gear.

Archery hunting tags for Elk are OTC (over the counter). Tags may be purchased online at the DOW website.
http://www.wildlife.state.co.us/

Elk either sex tags are $490.25
Youth tags are $100.00 for elk. Age 12 to 15
If you have a youth you would like to bring with to hunt they can come for free.
You will be responsible for having all licenses needed to hunt in Colorado.

Estimated cost per person for the trip will be around $350.00 to $375.00 for the fuel to and from Colorado, and food at camp.

We will be hunting in zone 45, and camping at the homestake gulch, next to Mount of the Holy Cross wilderness area.
This is located about 20 miles south of Vail Colorado, across from Camp Hale and Redcliff Co.
http://www.mytopo.com/index.cfm

Bushnell Outdoor Online Community is put on a BBQ at this camp site on September 11th and 12th. As of this time, Dave Watson, the host of Bushnell Outdoors, is planning on attending the BBQ as well as his camera crew.
http://bushnelloutdoors.ibforums.com

They are simply providing a place and time for all of us to get together. Locals are more then willing to share information for what they can, but please don't mistake them as guides. They are there to hunt as well.

If you are interested or would like further information, please contact me either by phone or email.
Ron Reineke
651-458-0288 [email protected]
Old 04-25-2004, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bow hunting Elk in CO.

Ron,

Nice offer there hope you get some great people to come along. If i didnt have plans already I would jump right on this. Have gfone on many hunts with people off the net and have made some great friends and some great memories.............
Old 07-12-2004, 04:19 PM

Default RE: Bow hunting Elk in CO.

This offer is still open If you are interested