Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 MO boys, Hot idea or not! >

MO boys, Hot idea or not!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

MO boys, Hot idea or not!

Old 06-29-2004, 12:44 AM

Default MO boys, Hot idea or not!

What do you think of Missouri bow season opening up on September 15th ?

"I know in years past" allot of the guys around here wait tell mid to late October and I've been hearing allot of guy's that say their still not going tell October because it'll be to hot out to tack care of a deer if you did shoot one, not to say of setting in sweat.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: MO boys, Hot idea or not!

Carcono I do aggree that it may be to warm. It is just going to depend on my mood and the weather when the 15th gets here. The way it has been so for this summer i will deffinantly be hunting. If it is much past 70 degrees I will be at the house sitting in the AC. Deer just won't move enough for me during the day when it gets that hot.l
Old 07-02-2004, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree,to hot then the ac at the house sounds good to me![8D]
Old 07-10-2004, 02:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personaly never hunted until late oct. or early nov. anyway. I dont think a longer season will help what they think is a problem.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:18 AM

I like the idea, yes Itll be hot but look how many bucks are still in bachelor groups, at that time of year hitting big green fields each evening right before dark. All you have to doi is find the field they are htting and bein the right spot. But by the first of october they usually disperse and quit hitting the fields as hard so there will be a lull in the action for about three weeks, but for the first week I think the first weel will be close behind the rut for mature bucks taken. Also look for water near those fields, and your in the deer, just be ready for sweat and bugs.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:00 AM

Man....I love early season bowhunting! It's usually in the 80's and 90's the 1st of Oct. here in Ms. and the deer don't seem to mind.
They're really easier to hunt this time of year....just seek out water sources very near ag fields or white oaks.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:46 AM

Last season it was soo hot here I was sweating while I was sitting still, and thinking I was stupid for being out there. My hat was wet, I am sure I was leaving this stink trail everywhereon the way to the stand. Later I shot one at 40 stalking toward the stand, then one at 15 from the stand, let 1 baby go that walked around for an hour, let 3 in family go, shot another, let 6 buck/doe mix group go. Too hot? Yes it was. But you know I am going opening day. We usually haul in alot on opening day. There are many yearlings that will even follow your scent to your tree.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:35 PM

This is a great topic. Most I've talked with say the heat will keep them out of the trees or the deer won't move. I've found the deer on our farms are passing by the game cameras more frequent headed for water and salt licks during the day. I usually hunt the bean fields and clover fields early October. With the early season I may try the water and salt. This is my son's first archery season so thanks to the MDC we get more time in the field. So, we will fill up our canteens and spend some quality time together.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

I'll go in Sept. on the weekends, but will wait to use my vacation days when the weather breaks. Who knows, I may get a wild hair or the wife pisses me off....whichever comes first.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always waited til the tempature would drop below 65 in early to mid october I hate sitting in the stand sweating like a you know what on auction day and the mosquitos man I hate hunting on those warm days. Now im here in arizona and archery season starts in a few days but it is way to warm to hunt its still 90 in the afternoons mournings arent to bad though around 65 or 70. I cant wait to get back to Missouri

Quick Reply: MO boys, Hot idea or not!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.