Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 OHIO HUNTING LEASES >

OHIO HUNTING LEASES

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

OHIO HUNTING LEASES

Old 05-25-2004, 07:42 AM

Default OHIO HUNTING LEASES

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY OHIO HUNTING CLUBS / LEASES TAKING NEW MEMBERS ?
Old 05-25-2004, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OHIO HUNTING LEASES

Not to sound like a jerk...but with well over 300,000 acres of public hunting why are you looking for a lease?

You can hunt areas of Wayne nat'l and other places in Washington county and never see many others if you are willing to hoof it a little.

Just a thought.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:22 AM

I agree proline. Not to mention for what leases charge now a days you might as well buy yourself a couple of hundred acres somewhere.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:56 PM
Fork Horn

Pro-line/cfdjay, You two sound a little negative as far as leases! My dad and some of our friends own 40 acres of adjoining land, with established permanent camps. We had been there since 92 and the other group since 83. There are about 30 of us and we had hunted the surrounding 2000 acres of Mead paper. Then Mead decided to lease most of its land. Adjoining property owners were to have first choice to lease. Well some guy leased it and we lossed out. But he sub-leased it to us with him. We've never seen him, but pay our portion of the lease to him. The only choice we had was to lease or give up hunting this area. Its impossible to sell and start over. We've never kicked anyone off of the land and the locals aren't happy either with Mead. This is on the Vinton/Jackson CTY border. Just a different point of view...
Old 06-12-2004, 08:22 AM

On the contrary ruffhunter. I belong to an association that uses leases to acquire land for hunting. It's not anywhere near where I live though. I think in the right circumstances leasing is great. My point was (since I'm from Ohio) that if I had the money it costs to lease land nowadays, I would just go the extra mile and buy my own. That way you aren't renting an apartment so to speak and throwing away money. The lease I'm involved in is rare and hard to become a part of but now that I am I will be a part of it for the rest of my life.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:33 PM

there are some leases check the ohio fish and game magazine but there is plenty of free huntin close to most of the lease land