Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Rutledge Fleamarket >

Rutledge Fleamarket

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Rutledge Fleamarket

Old 05-17-2004, 12:31 PM

Default Rutledge Fleamarket

Has anyone been there, (in Rutledge, Mo.); from what I understand it is a huge market located in northeast Missouri, this weekend they are having their Sporting Goods event. thinking about going if its worth the drive (about 2-3 hours for me). From what i saw on their website it is a very large place, you can rent golf carts or bring your own atv, etc for a small fee.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rutledge Fleamarket

t roy, I've been several times, I use to go every month, but it got to the point where sellers where trying to get rich instead of making good deals, I, do however still find good deals, they are just few and far between. I've never been to this sportsman show they are going to have, it may be pretty good, I know they do have about anything a guy could want. Two things you never buy there is a dog or a gun (with out first shooting). You might as well shoot the dog (Hounds) because it wont be worth much and most sellers will let you shoot the gun down there in the timber, if, not walk away. The golf carts last year where $10.00 for two hours $25.00 for all day, it will take you all day to get through it. Anything else just ask.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:42 PM

thanks for the reply, sounds like a good way to spend a day.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

t roy how'd Rutledge treat you?
Old 06-01-2004, 10:37 AM

it was near futile, that weekend was the first time they tried out the special sportsmans event and it did not fair well; i gues they had heavy rains either frdy or saturday morning and by the time i got there only a few vendors were open for business, i guess the whole thing went over poorly. plan to give it another shot during one of the normal schedulings.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

t roy, I thought I'd give you a heads up, I don't know if your looking at muzzleloaders, but, Knight just had their big overstock auction. They sold 700 guns and they sold them well below retail price. You may be able to get you a good deal on a muzzleloader. For instance if you see a Disc Extreme .45, Stainless, and Wood, jew them down to $300.00 it's a $650.00 gun but they will still be making money.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:09 PM

i'm not much on muzzle loaders, but my cousin was thinking about buying one last fall, thanks for the advice. then again, if they are that cheap kinda hard not to buy one.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

t roy did you buy anything good?
Old 06-14-2004, 07:05 PM

not a thing; got there late on saturday, after noon, didnt realize MO has a helmet law, anyway; saw a lot of people packin around muzzleloaders but only a couple of the vendors had any left and what was left wasnt worthwhile; found a berretta whitewing, nice gun, but it wasnt exactly what i was looking for.

you're right about the dogs they try to get rid of, about 75% of them are some sick lookin pups. made me kinda sick, most of them are not looked after very well, feel sorry for the animals. thinking about giving up on Rutledge, do you know of any other gun shows in the tri state area that can offer a better selection? especially on handguns.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

t roy, I've heard several good things about the big one they have in Des Moines, Iowa every Spring. I also know of very reasonible buys at the pawn shops up there, I know our local pawn shop takes every gun he has in stock to the gun show in April. He says they have anything a person could want most is reasonible. If you want to let me know exactly what you want, I can keep an eye out, and if I find something drop you an email.

P.S I should have told you to get there early. I would reccommend if you go back either go to the last one which is Oct. (last good one) or the first one in April (first good one), both of those are good sales to go to, unless I just absolutly need something those are the two I highly reccommend.

Quick Reply: Rutledge Fleamarket

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.