Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Attention!  Carver Co. MN!!!!!! >

Attention! Carver Co. MN!!!!!!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Attention! Carver Co. MN!!!!!!

Old 03-24-2004, 06:36 AM

Default Attention! Carver Co. MN!!!!!!

Good morning to all of you who live in or around Carver County!!!!! Alrighty then, down to business. My name is John Keltgen and I live in Cologne, MN (about 9 miles west of Chaska). I moved to Cologne from LeCenter about 4 years ago. In LeCenter, I was able to WALK (less than 5 minutes for this long-legged guy!) to a place where I could shoot my rifles, pistols, and shotguns and I never had to pay a dime.
Those days are sadly behind me. Now, I either have to drive back to LeCenter (around 40 minutes) or pay to shoot at that range on Hwy 212 near Flying Cloud Airport (about 20 minutes with light traffic). What's a hunter to do? I believe I have the answer!
With this post, I am starting the Carver County Sportsman's Club. Granted, there is only one member at the moment... me, but hopefully people will see this and respond. I have given thought to starting a group for a long time now and I believe in having goals for this club. Here is a list of goals:

1. To introduce area hunters to each other and form new friendships.
2. To promote all types of hunting and fishing int he area.
3. To have group hunts, game feeds, and other events.
4. To get families involved in the outdoor sports together.
5. To have fun contests for those families.
and...
6. THE ULTIMATE GOAL: To secure some land to have our own shooting ranges for bow AND gun. Maybe even a casting pond for the kids.

Obviously, there are many more things that we could do together, like forming softball teams and the like. I've belonged to numerous local clubs and I know that there are two requirements to meeting these goals... One of them is time. The other is members. I know that a lot of clubs have yearly dues, but I'm not thinking that far ahead yet. As I said, first members are needed and dues aren't the types of things that attract people. In the opening years of many local clubs, donations to events (like food for meetings) are more than enough.
So, I'm calling out to all the area sportsmen, whether you're single or married: Let's get something started! Below here, you will find my contact information. When a sufficient number of people (I'm hoping for at least 10) show interest, we'll all get together and figure out where to go from that point. I can be reached via email at any time. I work nights and watch my son almost every day so I can be reached at my home phone number most any time before 3:30pm. I'll tell my wife about this so she can take down names and contact information should anyone call after that time. The best way, however, is to reach me via email as I check it at least once a day. Okay, enough of this chattering... here's the info:

John Keltgen
[email protected]
952-466-9955

If you email me, please remember to include a name, phone number (or return email address), and the best time to get ahold of you. Looking forward to hearing from everyone!
Old 03-26-2004, 12:25 AM

Default RE: Attention! Carver Co. MN!!!!!!

Man... I thought sure I'd have a few people interested by now. I tell ya what; I'll give it a week. If, by April 2nd, no one has responded... I'll just dump the whole idea.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:46 AM

Jeez... here I thought people would be interested in starting organizations that promote the outdoor sports, especially in an urban area that has very little to offer as far as shooting and hunting goes. Apparently, I was mistaken. Or maybe this was just the wrong place to start.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:52 PM

Hey don't get bent out of shape. I'll bet there aren't very many people on here that are near you. Try your local paper or something in the area and the response maybe a lot different.

Ezzy