Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Bowhunting in Nebraska? >

Bowhunting in Nebraska?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Bowhunting in Nebraska?

Old 12-17-2003, 12:32 PM

Default Bowhunting in Nebraska?

Every year I travel the lenght of Nebraska on the way out west to hunt Elk.
Those cotton wood lined river bottoms I see look like excellent Whitetail habitat and I believe could offer some great bowhunting.

Any of you live out that way or hunt NE?
Is there much public land worth hunting and how hard is it to get permission to hunt?
Old 12-21-2003, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bowhunting in Nebraska?

There is some great bowhunting for deer in Nebraska!
The best hunting is on private ground as is the case in most states.
Check out my website and you will see some of the quality animals we take here!Includeing the new #2 non-typical bow kill for the state of NE. 224 3/8 P&Y.
I have taken 4 P&Y bucks in NE and can put you on a great hunt!
www.stealtharchery.com
Old 12-22-2003, 05:53 PM

Some nice animals there Stealthman, Maybe I'llcontact you by e-mail.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

stealthman,
Nice site. Very informative. It's nice to see someone on the forum from the great state of Nebraska!

logs,
I would contact stealthman and get into contact with some of the landowners here in Nebraska. I know of some areas, but the deer that I usually hunt are average sized, no monsters although I do know of some great areas to hunt.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:41 PM

Neb.BkHr, Im setting up my CO Elk hunt at present. I'll be driving out through Nebraska a couple of times this year and this year will allow time to check out some hunting acess for the future. Im not actually after any monsters, just good quality bowhunting.
The area along I-80 in the west end of the state looks to be very good Whitetail habitat. Some of it may be public but its hard to read those little signs at highway speeds.
I keep telling myself I gona stop and ask around but when Im on the way to hunt im to focused on that and on the way hiome I usually have meat on ice in the truck and don't have the time to stop.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:52 PM

Nebraska is one of the biggest sleeper states there is esecially for bowhunting. There are HUGE deer here that only get hunted for about 9 days a year. The only downside is that most of the ground is private.
http://www.drycreekhunting.com
Old 01-08-2004, 08:47 AM

There is a great public hunting area just west of Ogalalla called the Ogalalla strip. It is between the interstate and the south platte river and from Ogalalla to halfway to Brule. I can't tell you how many acres it is but I guess it is about a mile wide and 2 or 3 miles long. It is full of food plots, Russian Olive trees, and willows. I hunted there a couple of years ago and it was full of deer. It also is a walk in area only but it is worth the time to check out. Good luck
Bryan.