Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana M/L Season >

Indiana M/L Season

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana M/L Season

Old 12-11-2003, 08:17 AM

Default Indiana M/L Season

I hunt in SE Indiana, and want to know if anyone has had success so far this year with the m/l season. I live in Ohio, but real close to Indiana. I hunt with my brother-in-law on a really nice piece of property. He has killed 3 nice deer this year on this piece of land. I have been shut out so far, but with the temps dropping drastically, I hope to score this weekend. Ohio's m/l season is late december, so I have alot of time left to hunt, so I am not disappointed. What's the saying, "a bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work"!!!
Old 12-11-2003, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Indiana M/L Season

I have had no luck during ML season. There are three of use that are leasing land this year in southern Indiana. Neither of them have had any luck. There is still time left in the season yet!! Came really close to getting one during firearms season but couldnt get the shot. Good luck dough boy!!

Outlaw
Old 12-12-2003, 08:32 AM

I live in NW In. Last Sunday, 12/7, it was drizzling and pretty windy. I was ground hunting between the fork of a downed tree. At about 8:30am I heard all kinds of comotion coming through the woods. A group of about 10 deer were running through the woods. They stopped about 75 yards from me and kept looking back. I picked out one of the larger doe's and put a Buffalo Ball through her chest. She went about 40 yards. A few minutes later I saw a couple of dogs trotting in the woods. I left a fresh gut pile for the dogs to show my appreciation for getting the deer moving on such a sh&*%y day.

I had a very successful year. I took a big 9 point during the bow season.
This doe is going to my Aunt who is having money problems and can really use the meat.

Good hunting to all.

Old 12-12-2003, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

i don't hunt with a muzzleloader, i use my bow this time of year, i did take a nice 8-pointer november the 8th, we are supposed to get 2 - 4 inches of snow this weekend, i think that will really get the deer moving
Old 12-12-2003, 04:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]