Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 EASTERN OHIO RUT? >

EASTERN OHIO RUT?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

EASTERN OHIO RUT?

Old 11-16-2003, 06:33 PM

Default EASTERN OHIO RUT?

HI, THIS IS THE 1ST YEAR I HAVE HUNTED IN OHIO. I LIVE IN PA AND HAVE PERMISSION TO HUNT A 600 ACRE FARM IN JEFFERSON COUNTY. I SHOT A LARGE 8 POINT WITH 20 INCH INSIDE SPREAD ON THE MONDAY AFTER START OF SEASON. MY QUESTION IS ABOUT THE RUT. I HAD A FRIEND UP FROM TEXAS AND WE HUNTED SAT THE 8TH OF NOV UNTIL THIS PAST FRIDAY BUT SAW ONLY WEAK RUTTING ACTIVITY. SAW ABOUT 25 BUCKS BUT MOSTLY 1.5 YEARS OLD. ON FRIDAY THE 14TH WE SAW 2 BUCKS PAIRED UP WITH DOES. MOST OF THE OTHER BUCKS WERE JUST LOAFING AROUND. ONLY A COUPLE OF BUCKS WERE CRUISING FOR DOES. DID WE MISS THE RUT OR IS LATER THIS WEEK. THANKS
Old 11-16-2003, 07:48 PM
Spike

Default RE: EASTERN OHIO RUT?

I have been on vacation this week and hunted all over southern ohio and zanesville at blue rock forests and the rut was on heavy I seen scrapes everywhere and all fresh. I" m from southern ohio and peak of rut is usually second or third week of nov. every year here. Good luck and have a safe season.