Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Skunked in Indiana this year. >

Skunked in Indiana this year.

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Skunked in Indiana this year.

Old 01-24-2021, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default Skunked in Indiana this year.

I've been hunting deer since I was in about 5 grade (mid 1980's). I killed my first deer several years later and really can't remember the last time I went a season without killing a deer. I mainly meat hunt so I would let bucks pass unless they were big enough to mount. After I killed enough doe's I was done. This year my son hunted with me for the first time with his own gun. We saw one doe opening morning and really didn't see much after that. I have talked to a lot of people who didn't see any deer this year. Curious what you guys in the Indiana Ohio area saw this season. Numbers about the same, up, or down?
To top that off the farm I have hunted for the last 20 years got sold so this was my last year to hunt it, looking for a new place next year.
Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

I took a small racked big bodied buck in my 5 day hunt I did at my buddies place just outside of Indianapolis. Seen plenty of bucks but all small and only a couple doe.
Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

I saw plenty of doe
no shooter bucks. And I hunted quite A bit between ohio and PA.

-Jake
Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

No disrespect intended but you cant kill the cows year after year and expect to have a herd