Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
WI Deer Bonus Tags >

WI Deer Bonus Tags

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WI Deer Bonus Tags

Old 08-31-2020, 08:08 AM
Spike

Default WI Deer Bonus Tags

Does anyone know have a theory on why the deer bonus tags for public land in Wisconsin pretty much sold out in less than a week? I've never seen this happen (maybe back when they were extremely limited) The last couple years I've been able to get one literally the day before opening day in November if I wanted. Now pretty much every county north of Hwy 29 is sold out and it happened in less than a week. I don't think it was due to the number available either as the county I hunt in had 2000 available for public land and another 2000 for private land. Also you can only buy one a day when they are available. Could that many more people be heading to the woods? The last 3 to 5 years the woods where I hunt has gotten a lot more quiet and seeing another hunter virtually was no longer happening.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NWIHunter
Does anyone know have a theory on why the deer bonus tags for public land in Wisconsin pretty much sold out in less than a week? I've never seen this happen (maybe back when they were extremely limited) The last couple years I've been able to get one literally the day before opening day in November if I wanted. Now pretty much every county north of Hwy 29 is sold out and it happened in less than a week. I don't think it was due to the number available either as the county I hunt in had 2000 available for public land and another 2000 for private land. Also you can only buy one a day when they are available. Could that many more people be heading to the woods? The last 3 to 5 years the woods where I hunt has gotten a lot more quiet and seeing another hunter virtually was no longer happening.
Private land owners buying them, to prevent public hunters from getting any.
And they allow them to be purchased MONTHS before the season opens.
OR, people just buy them to hunt in counties other than where they live in case they want to hunt there?

I just checked the county I live in and the county nearest to me, and BOTH are at zero public tags, but over a thousand PRIVATE tags, in my county and over 4800 in the nearest county.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:50 AM
Spike

I talked to a couple of game wardens and they said sales of licenses are really up this year and not just for deer but also fishing, small game and just about anything with the outdoors.