Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
ohio muzzleloader season is up next who's heading out >

ohio muzzleloader season is up next who's heading out

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ohio muzzleloader season is up next who's heading out

Old 01-09-2020, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

well the final tally is in for the 2020 muzzleloader season & last year kill was 14,210 deer & this year kill was only 10615 that,s a 28% drop in kill & in lorain county were i hunt the previous kill was 139 deer & this rear kill was @ 106 deer that, a 25% drop. whoa that a hellva drop if you ask me . did,nt seem like there were many hunters out during 4 day season
Old 01-09-2020, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

That is a big drop. Was it made up for it the other seasons? Like do you think more guys got their deer in archery or gun season and then didn't hunt muzzleloader?

-Jake
Old 01-10-2020, 02:27 AM
Spike

That seems to happen alot, where the pushers get a good deer. I had a co worker tell me when they did big pushes a guy or two would stay behind just for that reason
Old 01-10-2020, 03:48 AM
Typical Buck

yeah that's what i'm starting to think. archery kill is up over 10'000 from last year & gun gun was also way up. but that's ok i kinda like the woods to myself. still only seen the big buck saturday & that was the only deer that day seen 11 on sunday & seen 6 on monday & 11 on tuesday & took a doe that day.