Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 IL FIREARMS SEASON PERMITS >

IL FIREARMS SEASON PERMITS

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL FIREARMS SEASON PERMITS

Old 10-14-2003, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default IL FIREARMS SEASON PERMITS

Who else has recently received some " bonus" permits?

I got a bunch! Are more coming?

Kinda weird. , I did all applications online, but internet application inquiry showed none but the initial ones were issued (refund). Then today, by chance I check IDNR web site and see there have been permits issued.

I get home and check the mailbox and there they are, I got a bunch!

Wonder if the last one I applied for last week will come thru.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 10-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Spike

Default RE: IL FIREARMS SEASON PERMITS

What County? I put in for Moraine Hlls in McHenry and got the " refund" status on the web site. I' ll be checking the mailbox.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just kept applying (online) when the new drawing opportunities became available.

I' ve got 4 for Johnson County & 1 for Will County.

You can check to see what' s available for each county online also.

Another one of my nephews just applied for Johnson County yesterday, we' ll see what happens in the next day or so.

I really do not need ALL of these permits so most likely the first deer down will be donated to one of the " Hunters Feeding The Hungry" programs along with the necessary processing fee. I feel it is very important to give back more than you take.

Wishing all you guys God' s Blessing, A Safe Hunt and Good Luck

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 10-21-2003, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

NewILhunter,

I checked IDNR site and found that as of 10/07 there were 699 either-sex permits and 218 antlerless-only permits available for Mc Henry COUNTY. Not Moraine Valley I know, but I didn' t see that specific site listed.

Is Moraine Valley one of those State Parks where you need a county permit and then you show up at 4:30am or something to get the Park permit?

By the way, me and my three boys went out last night and quickly strapped two stands on trees to sit on, 10 minutes before dusk. We were in a smaller stand of trees in a recently harvested bean field. Man the deer were all over us. The boys loved it! This was in Will County.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 10-21-2003, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

I live in McHenry county and I' ll be the first one to say GOOD LUCK on finding a spot to hunt! This area is getting built up with houses and shopping centers all over the place! And when you do find a nice farm or patch of woods to hunt, chances are there' s already someone hunting it. Land is very hard to come by these days, and people are very protective over the few spots they do have.

As for Moraine Hills, I don' t know how that works exactly. The park is about 3 miles from my house, and I can actually see it from one of my hunting spots and there' s a lot of deer in the area, so I' m sure it' s a very productive hunt. I' ve found a lot of big sheds in there over the years. I heard it was run on some sort of lotto system, but I' m not 100% sure about that.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:36 PM
Spike

A buddy and I put in for Moraine, just to see if we could get permits. I am going out to Iowa for the Second Season this year. It is my first time out, and will be with a few family members. I thought it would be nice to try something closer to home. I live in Kane County and have some access to places here, but it' s archery only and I am not ready for that yet. I' m pretty new to this and it is very addicting!!! I am going to try to get out to Moraine before next season and check it out. JZarr, if you get any more info on the place please pass it along.

Best of Luck to you both!
Old 10-23-2003, 06:25 AM

I don' t apply for extra permits (exept muzzleloader season tags). I usually have several deer given to me during archery season. My wife' s cousin (who gives us his deer) has allready tagged 4 deer and is buying more archery permits today. I' d love to shoot all my deer myself, but the specific areas I hunt are poor hunting areas.