Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
No more paper FOID applications in Illinois >

No more paper FOID applications in Illinois

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

No more paper FOID applications in Illinois

Old 03-17-2015, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default No more paper FOID applications in Illinois

3/15/2015 was the last day for doing a FOID application on paper. Illinois has had a disgraceful FOID system for years and frankly they knew and didn't give a squat. They say they are trying to get the FOID app process inline with the CC app process. Yeah we'll see. We'll see.

STATE POLICE: NO MORE PAPER APPLICATIONS FOR FOID CARDS

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) _ The Illinois State Police is phasing out paper applications for firearm owner identification cards.

The agency says Monday is the last day to submit paper applications. Only online applications will be accepted beginning March 16.

Officials say the change streamlines and modernizes the application process, bringing it in line with its concealed-carry permit process. People who don’t have computers still will be able to use the alternative call-center method.

The agency also is eliminating the requirement for FOID and concealed-carry applicants to get a digital identification. All new and returning concealed-carry applicants must register with the state police by providing information from their driver’s license or state ID card, creating a username and password and answering security questions.

Federally licensed firearms dealers can conduct background checks through the site.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:01 AM
Typical Buck

Hopefully they do get it in line with the CC system, which went amazingly smoothly given the initial controversy, the glut of applications, and the fact that it's a lot more of a complex process than FOID cards. I think I got my CC permit in a little over a month. I've never run into a big problem personally with the FOID, but my daughter had to wait 4-5 months for her last one.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

The CC system may be smooth, but way to much $
Old 03-28-2015, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Don K
The CC system may be smooth, but way to much $
That's what it's all about my friend.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

they need to ditch the foid and just use the CC system.

how lucky are we to be the only state in the union with a foid card!? lol what a joke.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:52 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1
they need to ditch the foid and just use the CC system.

how lucky are we to be the only state in the union with a foid card!? lol what a joke.

We need the FOID to keep the gun crime down in Chicago. Just ask the Democrats.