Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Weekend hunting report? >

Weekend hunting report?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Weekend hunting report?

Old 10-13-2003, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default Weekend hunting report?

Due to the excessive alcohol intake on Friday night while watching the Cubbies play, I was unable to make it out for the Sat. morning hunt.

I did manage to make it out Saturday evening though. Saw a doe w/one fawn, and a small buck with a really gnarly looking rack. Unfortunately for me, I wanted to shoot the doe but she caught me not paying attention and never came close enough for a shot. The buck however passed my stand at 20 yards broadside. His right antler had probably a 16 -18" beam with 2 or three really small, bent points coming off the top. The left antler was only about 8 - 10" long and it was really twisted and mangled looking. I couldn' t tell if this was a young deer with poor genetics, or a really old deer coming towards the end of his life. He was also walking with an ever so slight limp, favoring one of his hind legs. I thought about taking him, but before I could decide whether or not to do it, he was passed me and on the other side of the ravine. If I see him again, I think I' m going to take a shot.

Sunday morning was rather uneventful - one small deer about 100 yards away. I would guess it to have been a button buck judging by the way he was meandering around aimlessly and all alone.

Sunday night I watched the Cubs game and did some homework, so no hunting. Starting next weekend I' ll be out from Sat morning through Sunday night though.

What about everyone else? Seeing any movement? Rubs? Scrapes?
Old 10-15-2003, 03:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-15-2003, 11:20 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-16-2003, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Weekend hunting report?

Yeah, they' re cursed. That' s for sure. Prior and Wood didn' t loose back to back games all year long and they loose Games 6 and 7 of the NLCS at home? Unbelievable.

Hopefully I shoot something this weekend to ease my pain.

Oh yeah - my dad was hunting one of my spots local to home last night and saw a big 10 pointer about 80 yards from one of my stands. When the rut gets going I hope that big boy makes the mistake of walking by me one morning.