Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Looking for Hunters in IL! >

Looking for Hunters in IL!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Looking for Hunters in IL!

Old 03-16-2014, 04:41 AM
Spike

Default Looking for Hunters in IL!

Lookin for hunters in ILLINOIS

I am from will county Illinois and am looking for people to hunt with. I grew up on the south side of chicago so I do not have any friends or family that share my interest. I have never been hunting before but am looking to definitely go this year. I have a few guns, a bow, and my camo. I'm willing to buy whatever else would be needed. If you are from this area and willing to take me out. Either comment or send me a message. Thanks for looking!!

Lauren
Old 03-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know a couple of guys from your region... One of them has his own hunting site, the other won the hunting contest on that site for the just past seasons... I moved your post to that site... Hopefully they'll get in touch with you... Their turkey hunting contest is starting.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:46 AM
Spike

Awesome thank you so much...would you mind sending me a link so I could check out the website? Much appreciated
Old 03-16-2014, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's the site. If you decide to sign up you'll have to wait for TLC (Site Owner) to approve your membership.

Most of the members at this site are former North American Hunting Club (NAHC) members that have known each other for years. But new folks are always welcome.

You can check out the hunting contest in the general discussion forum. I also suggest that you check out the Hunters Helping Hunters (HHH) auction in the Announcement and News forum.

HHH was started several years ago by a few NAHC members. They used to hold a yearly auction at NAHC, but since NAHC pretty much ran their site off of the cliff last Fall the auction has been moved to this site.

I've been participating in these auction at NAHC since 2009... I haven't bid in this yet, but the folks there have figured years ago that I'm a last minute sniper when it comes to bidding on what I want to win... I might get a new rifle this year...

Here's the site.

http://w11.zetaboards.com/EDH/index/
Old 03-16-2014, 03:28 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Hi SBW, There's quite a few members nearby you, should surface. Where are you Joliet guys? I know I've seen some.

Last edited by Zim; 03-18-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Spike

Is this the first year you've shot a Gun? Bow?
If not, how long have you been shooting Gun? Bow?
How often do you get out and shoot Archery? Gun?
Have you taken a Hunters Safety course?
Old 03-19-2014, 05:18 AM
Spike

I have taken my hunters safety course and have shot my guns and bow for the past year. I haven't been out shooting much since last summer but I did go to the gun range a couple weeks back. I have only been to the archery range about 5 times. I'll start going now il that the weather is getting better since the one near my house is outdoor.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

The IDNR holds wingshooting clinics from time to time at the Des Plaines conservation area in Will County. Here a link:
https://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmg...ootinghome.htm