Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Mentor needed for turkey hunting in MN >

Mentor needed for turkey hunting in MN

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Mentor needed for turkey hunting in MN

Old 03-24-2014, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mentor needed for turkey hunting in MN

I've had an itch to try my hand at turkey hunting for several years, and this year I think that itch needs to be scratched. I've come pretty close to trying it a couple times, but I've been told several times that it's not something to randomly try on your own. It's best to have someone that knows what they're doing accompany you the the first few times. I've had a couple people offer to take me out but something always falls through. I was hoping someone here that knows what they're doing would be open to taking a rookie out and show me the ropes. I live on about 100 acres by Clear Lake and there's turkeys here.
If anyone is interested please send me a PM and let's discuss this.
Thanks a bunch.
Vince
Old 03-25-2014, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

There is no reason you shouldn't go do it on your own.
If you have 100 acres get a locator call (owl/crow) and go out before daybreak and wall all over your land blowing that thing. Sooner or later the turkeys will respond. get in close to where you think they are at daybreak and use your turkey call. IMO this is something you should be trying on your own. Don't let it seem daunting. trial and error is what makes hunters of us lol at least you will have fun. Buy a locator call and you'll hear turkeys.