Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Early T Zone

Old 01-31-2002, 09:29 AM
nub

Default Early T Zone

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> JANUARY 27, 2002 - Conservation Congress Executive Council reinstated resolution to include on the ballot at the spring hearings question to &quot;eliminate the eary T-zone&quot;.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
If some of you still think there are too many deer in your DMU, you might want to show up and state your case. I for one am glad to see it go.
Old 01-31-2002, 10:42 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-31-2002, 11:23 AM

Default RE: Early T Zone

Like Brian said before, how many deer are going to be shot as a result of the extension to gun season? Most guys I know are sick of gunhunting after the first weekend. They all start talking about the late bow season, and I wonder if this buck made it or that one!

Whoever implemented the thought of having the muzzleloader season smack dab in the middle of the rut is obvioulsy unaware of the problems this will cause with the Wisconsin Bowhunters Association. I love muzzle loading and bowhunting as well, but come on. Where is this nonsence going to end.

Stick with the 9 day gun season eliminate the early T-zone and youth hunt. Then if the harvest numbers are down have a late season gun hunt. Makes sence to me. Woops, can't to that the snowmobilers will go nuts...........
Old 01-31-2002, 02:00 PM

HEy nub, how ya doing?

The number of deer management units in the T-zone was reduced for 2001. The number of T-zone units will shrink again for 2002. Alot of deer hunters may be pleased to see what little is left of the T-zone. If the DNR could decide and publish the 2002 T-zone map, that would give people less to complain about.

If legislation is implemented to limit the DNR's options for antlerless seasons, The DNR will be forced have longer gun season(s) in November to control deer populations as needed.

A shrinking, temporary, antlerless gun season in October is much prefered to a 16 day gun and or muzzleloader season in early November. A December antlerless gun season also takes some of the pressure away from the need for a October antlerless season.
Old 02-02-2002, 04:08 PM
Banned

Nub-

Where and When are these meetings?
I agree with you, Gone with the tzone!

Peakrut
Live and Learn
Old 02-04-2002, 02:15 PM

the early tzone hunt just hoses it up for bowhunters. in my area the deer end up going nocturnal after that and i may as well hang up my bow for the season...

(except for shooting at targets that is)

John
Old 02-05-2002, 10:25 AM

get rid of it....i hope it goes and never comes back...i say stick with the tradidional format and if need be have a december antlerless hunt....
Old 02-05-2002, 10:30 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-07-2002, 05:51 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-11-2002, 07:56 PM

Hello everyone as you can tell this posting stuff is pretty new to me. but I have been reading these forums for some time. My take on WI. deer problems (if we really do have a problem) is we need to try and get along better no matter what our hunting style is.The WI. bowhunters group has not done us many favors in Gov. They allways go into a debate throwing their weight around and end up hurting our image as hunters. we lost out on getting an extra 4 days to bowhunt just before opening day of gun season because of this.I would like to have a season for primative weapons (bow-crossbow-side hammer only muzzleloader)during the rut. I pratice Qdma also and could not think of anything better than getting a chance at a good buck with my smokepole before the big guns come out.Or at least give us a season in Jan. when the deer had finally started to settle down. Dont get me wrong I love bow hunting also but I would really like to have a seasonforemat like some of our neiboring states.I really dont think this would hurt our QDMA because if pratice it for one season you shure will for the rest.