Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
heading out today for ohio's early muzzleloading season >

heading out today for ohio's early muzzleloading season

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

heading out today for ohio's early muzzleloading season

Old 10-14-2012, 02:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default heading out today for ohio's early muzzleloading season

6 am right now & heading south to saltfork s.p. for 1 of 3 stateparks that allows early muzzleloading season. either sex is allowed for the week & 1 deer is permitted. which is abunch of bs because ohio claims that they have a over population of deer & allow you up to 3 deer in certain zones the rest of the year & for early muzzy season they usally harvest about 400 deer @ 3 stateparks.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:28 AM
Typical Buck

Well good luck!
Old 10-18-2012, 03:53 AM
Typical Buck

well just got back for ohio's early muzzy season & i missed a big 10 pointer on monday @ 7:50 am (which seems to be my magical hour ) actually i got busted by him ; never seen him coming in thick area.
on tuesday i got robbed; this couple of yahoo's shoot @ a nice 8pt & hit it in the front leg & it takes off like bat out of #ell & runs past 3 other guys who miss completely & runs into my area & i shoot & knock it down& basically kill it just waiting for it to expire & these 3 yahoo"s come & claim the deer they hit only in the front leg & never put a fatal shot in it & we get into a big agrument & no body around with me who is hunting with me & 3 guys differltly look like something out of deliverance & tell me it"s there deer because they hit it first & it run from them( total distance from them to me was 1/4 mile) long story short; i did"nt have a chance in h@ll getting out alive if it went to blows 1 had a shotgun which was illegal but claims he was hunting turkey in a deer only spot. so i told them they must need the deer more than i do. so take it you bunch of slobs. called the game warden later & said basically he could"nt do anything about it ,since they were gone. but he also assured me a unwritten rule it" s the 1st fatal shot who gets the deer. but being on public land he heres alot of that going on espically with this kind of slob group ; basically stealing deer from other hunters. next time i will be better prepared.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

Wow, what a story! I think you made the right decision, but I would have made them tag it and call it in so they burn there deer tag. At least you went hunting and shot a deer! That beats nothing.

CVG Oho
Old 10-20-2012, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is always two sides of the story