Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Ohio Deer Hunters ***Take our survey*** >

Ohio Deer Hunters ***Take our survey***

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ohio Deer Hunters ***Take our survey***

Old 02-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Spike

Default Ohio Deer Hunters ***Take our survey***

Ohio Deer hunters take a moment and participate in our public opinion poll:

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8189
Old 02-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

I took it, not sure what it'll help, but I'd like to see pistol caliber rifles allowed in OHio.
-Jake
Old 02-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

took your poll , but don"t know if it will help? i think our odnr already has made up their mind on next regs. which is only to increase out of state license sells. they don"t give a crap about our thoughts on the up coming year. they have already screwed up deer hunting here in oh. odnr has released the 2011-2012 deer kill numbers @ 219798 which i found very hard to believe! our hunting party had only a 15 percent kill rate during gun season & only 1 of 30 guys shot a deer during muzzleloading season. alot of us are seeing less & less deer per year . starting to remind me of the late 70's or early 80's deer hunting. but starting to see more & more out of state license plates trying to locate the next world record buck in south east & south west ohio.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

well today the odnr came out with it"s 2012-2013 proposals.everything seems to be the same except for 1 & seems to be a good one they are elimitnating the 15 dollar anterless permit for gun season in zone c. which would permit only 3 does instead of 6 does during gun week. i believe this will stop over kill in zone c & start to bring back deer sightings in zone c. they are destroying the deer herd here in ohio. i see more deer in the city in 1 day then i do all week during gun season.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Ohio needs to be careful not to do what PA did. PA killed off all the doe, and now the hunting is suffereing for it there. I bought a doe tag here in OH this year, but didn't end up taking a doe because I wasn't seeing the numbers I usually saw. Between increased tags and harder winters these last few years I figured they needed abreak.
-Jake