Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Where are the turkeys in Wisconsin? >

Where are the turkeys in Wisconsin?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Where are the turkeys in Wisconsin?

Old 04-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Spike

Default Where are the turkeys in Wisconsin?

I was just wondering if anyone has seen many turkeys this spring? I drive around in the central areas of Wisconsin looking for turkeys and I see very few birds. Just wondering what others have seen?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Spike

Seen quite a few in green lake county but not as many as years past, hunted with a friend friday and seen about 20, and not much this weekend.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

Took my son out 1st week... Lots of birds but too many hunters and the birds were unresponsive. We had only two birds answer our calls though we seen many. He passed an Jakes twice and went birdless at the end...
Old 04-21-2011, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

Wisconsin has a lot of turkeys from the central part of the state heading south.

I've even seen a couple of flocks of turkeys up in Douglas County. Granted, I haven't seen them in the last two or three years, but they were all the way up there at one point.

It's not uncommon to see them while heading north on Highway 53 past the northernmost exit of Rice Lake.

I must admit their re-introduction has been quite the success.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've been seeing a crap ton around us in grant county. there everywhere down here. it should be a good season here
Old 04-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Spike

Well, I hunted 9 hours on Saturday April 23,2011 and another 6 hours on Easter Sunday. I Didn't hear or see a turkey all day on Saturday, and I only heard one I gobble on Sunday. I hunt in zone 3, in Waupaca County, where there are supposed to be turkeys aplenty.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

three out of five of my friends that got tags got one
Old 05-03-2011, 05:55 AM
Spike

I had season 2 in Trempealeau County. Heard a ton but they wouldn't come to the fields. The were all in the woods! Was unsuccessful for the first time in quite a few years! I wish I would have had the luck we did last year. Here's a story about my friends first turkey I figured you would all enjoy. http://wi.outdoorsportsmansjournal.c...t-turkey-hunt/

Good luck the rest of the seasons!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to many throughout Sheboygan and Manitowoc counties.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

The midwest has gotten 4 or 5 straight cold wet springs. This has really put the clamps down on poult survival. My northern Missouri hunt totally sucked this year. I won't be going back any time soon. In fact, next year I will apply in SE Iowa where the public land gets next to no pressure compared to Missouri so at least the ones there should be receptive to calling. My work takes me to SW Wisconsin too, where I could easily do a work/hunt trip, but I'm not paying for any high NR permits without a strong bird population.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.