Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Things are hoppin' in my area of IN. Saw 2 bucks chasing 2 does yesterday from the stand, had a small 8 chasing a doe in my neighborhood (that's right....my neighborhood)....had 8 bucks around a doe in my back yard this morning. The big boy (8 or 10 pt.) would not let any of the smaller ones get close. He would snort wheeze and chase them off. It was pretty cool to watch them fight. Two of the bigger ones really went after each other. I can't wait to get back in the woods this weekend!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Spike

Hey guys finally got around to posting. My brother and I hunted opening morning. I had action all morning but all were does and nothing chasing them, had around 15 from light until 9:30am then in walked a med 8pt chasing a doe, then 2 more doe came in and brought him back to me. I noticed both of his antlers were covered in fresh blood, first thought was he was shot. Anyway the does brought him in 40 yrd board side so I took the shot and he dropped within 20yrds. After pulling him out I realized he was not hurt at all, must have kicked the crap out of another buck? My brother shot a nice 10pt shortly after. Hope everyone else is doing well.....Scott
Old 11-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

Doe in estrous tonight!!!

She came off the ridge at 5:35pm, thought someone was using a bleat call because it was so obnoxiously loud.

I was wrong, she paced back and forth bleating until 2 small bucks finally busted out of the thicket and commenced a chasing.

Was going to skip the morning because of the wind, not now!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:22 AM
Typical Buck

Shot doe number 4 Sat. evening with the new Savage 20 ga. Dropped her at 220 yards.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:26 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Parrot Head
Shot doe number 4 Sat. evening with the new Savage 20 ga. Dropped her at 220 yards.
Hell of a shot with a slug gun!!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

I go it zeroed in at 200 yards.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

It's snowing out!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fellow Hoosiers, just stumbled across this thread, never even knew it existed. I mostly hunt Whitley County and a little bit in Grant Co. My son-in-law who lives in Florida came up this year the first week of Nov. for his first hunt ever. This is what he went home with after hunting only five days. Gotta love that beginners luck!

Here's a couple of pics I got of his buck during the summer

I promise you all will be seeing alot more of me. By the way, I'm also addicted to trailcams.

Blessings.....Pastorjim