Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Minnesota ML opener >

Minnesota ML opener

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Minnesota ML opener

Old 11-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Minnesota ML opener

Everyone ready for the opener tomorrow? I cant wait! Took the Wolf out today to make sure it was on. Have to give it a good cleaning tonight. I will be hunting South East Minnesota, just South of Austin. Where will everyone else be? Good Luck to everyone that will be out.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Spike

North Metro
Old 11-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Im ready to go, pumped in fact. I will be in N. Mn near Grand Rapids....weather is cooler now, deer should be moving...I hope. The Genesis is ready to go boom. Good luck to everyone.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Southwestern Minnesota in the Minnesota River Valley. I will be hunting a new property for the first time. Only one bowhunter has hunted the property this year. So I'm a little excited. Good Luck to all and have a safe hunt.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I hope you all had better luck then I did this morning, I didnt see a thing! Good Luck to you all!
Old 11-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

I had a pretty good morning. I was just happy to see deer. Had 4 does and fawns from 30-100yds for about 20 minutes. No anterless tag this year, but I like to hunt so wouldn't have shot anyway. I should have drilled a coyote at 40yds, but it was too late before I made up my mind. Well anyway I thought it was a pretty good first day.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Had a great afternoon! Shot a nice doe right at 4:00. She only ran about 25 yards, and piled up. Too bad it was 25 yards right into the river. Had to put on the rubber boots to get her. Now the work begins, I will be skinning and cutting her up tomorrow. This will be the first time doing it myself.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats Big Daddy on the deer!! I haven't seen much, five or 6 Saturday...no shots...didn't see a hair today, but we got a dust of snow on the ground last night and there were fresh tracks in the trail behind me...so I guess I had one close by. Good luck.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on a successful hunt!!! Processing your own deer should add more satisfaction to a successful hunt. Make sure to enjoy some fresh backstrap when all the work is done.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

I was talking with a local sporting shop...they sold over a thousand muzzle licenses...and so far, they haven't registered a deer yet.....for muzzle season...WOW. and this place is a destination spot for registrations....that is pretty sad this many days into the season.