Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
What's happening in Illinos? >

What's happening in Illinos?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

What's happening in Illinos?

Old 11-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Watched 3 Does in a Soybean field for 45 min. on the evening of the 2nd and they never did attract any attention from a Buck. I did find a ton of fresh scrapes, though. I think things will really start heating up in a few days when the Moon is not quite so full.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

I'll be heading to the in-laws farm in Calhoun County for the first firearm season. Starting to get my gear together...should I pack the rattling antlers? I would imagine it would be post-rut by then but still worth a try. What do you Illinois guys think?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bow-4-It
I'll be heading to the in-laws farm in Calhoun County for the first firearm season. Starting to get my gear together...should I pack the rattling antlers? I would imagine it would be post-rut by then but still worth a try. What do you Illinois guys think?
My opinion is pack-em. The rut should be on the downswing by then and the Bucks will be cruising for those last few receptive Does.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Kid
My opinion is pack-em. The rut should be on the downswing by then and the Bucks will be cruising for those last few receptive Does.
Thanks Kid. It sure won't hurt to try 'em. This is my second trip. I passed on a decent sized buck...by Delaware standards...last year on opening day, then seen a shooter the following day over 200 years away in the neighbors field. I had a grunt call, but he never responded and ended up following a couple does in the opposite direction. I was just wondering what he would had done if I had the horns. I hope to find out in a few weeks. Good luck to you.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Thanks Kid. It sure won't hurt to try 'em. This is my second trip. I passed on a decent sized buck...by Delaware standards...last year on opening day, then seen a shooter the following day over 200 years away in the neighbors field. I had a grunt call, but he never responded and ended up following a couple does in the opposite direction. I was just wondering what he would had done if I had the horns. I hope to find out in a few weeks. Good luck to you.
Good luck to you. I will be right next door in Jersey County!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Kid
Good luck to you. I will be right next door in Jersey County!
Where do you live in Jersey County? Grafton, Nutwood? My wife wants to know. She's originally from outside of Hardin.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

We are leaving tonight, be there tomorrow late afternoon, and be ready to hunt Thrusday morning
Old 11-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody out in the Jodavies area seeing any of the crops being cut? You would think with this dry spell we are having they would want to get er done. Headind out Thursday and it would be fantastic to get there and not see any standing corn. This should be a good weekend to be out...
Old 11-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Where do you live in Jersey County? Grafton, Nutwood? My wife wants to know. She's originally from outside of Hardin.
I actually live in Macoupin County. I just hunt in Jersey County.