Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 kansas small game hunting >

kansas small game hunting

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

kansas small game hunting

Old 04-01-2009, 06:51 AM

Default kansas small game hunting

I just moved into wichita from Md. Been here a few months and this city life is making me loose my mind. Any one have some land I could do some hunting on? As far as I know rabbits are about the only thing available this time of year, but anything will do. Im just a rural guy who wants tospend some time out of the city. Ill do some work around the farm if you want to compensate.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: kansas small game hunting

Got some Turkey hunts still open. You check out my website at www.huntingks.com.

Brandon Wilmoth
Racks & Quacks Manager/Co-Owner

Old 04-03-2009, 12:04 PM

I'd love to but Im short on money to say the least. Paid hunts are out of the question. I will do some work to compensate though.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

There should be some WIHA (Walk-in Hunting) in your area or close. Turkey season starts Wed., and squirrel season will start in July. CJ
Old 04-13-2009, 07:59 AM

I baught a license and permit this past weekend and tried my hand at turkeys. I don't know much about turkey hunting and did no luck. Im kind of warry about hunting public land, especially when Im in experienced with turkeys. would take a rabbit too if I stumble across one.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Id google Kansas public land hunting. I went to school at the University of Kansas coming out of Chicago and worried about finding a place to hunt. After doing a little research I found so much public land I couldn't even cover it all. Of course, this was by Lawrence so it might be different in your neck of the woods. I think Rand McNalleys (Sp?) makes a state map for Kansas that shows pretty much all public hunting. I have it for Illinois and Wisconsin and it shows every bit of land open to the public. It makes it real easy. good Luck!