Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisc, ND, SD Residents Help >

Wisc, ND, SD Residents Help

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisc, ND, SD Residents Help

Old 03-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wisc, ND, SD Residents Help

I am hoping someone can help me withrecommending some public land that I can bowhunt deer. I am in central Minnesota and I we are allowed 1 deer either sex where I bowhunt. That's great but does not satisfy my obsession. I am looking to drive out a couple of weekends in the fall and have a real good shot at seeing some deer. It's hard to get away with my wife and 2 small children so I can't really get out and start from scratch.
I would trust you all here enough to point me to a direction so I can limit the run around with areas which are no good. If anyone has land I would be happy to offerlabor or anything in trade in hopes to build a relationship with someone to hunt out state.

I have no bowhunting partners so it is just me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Throw me a private message. Thanks!
Old 03-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Spike

Default RE: Wisc, ND, SD Residents Help

Look into some of the indian reservations. I have found that they are real good areas with not alot of pressure during bow season
Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

It is a drive but we go to the black hills in sd something like 80% is public hunting landevery spring turkey hunting and every fall deer hunting and it is great this year I am going to try the little missouri national grasslands in ND for pronghorn and muilies in late august, hope to see a muilie in velvet. Let me know if interested and I can share some good places to stay and hunt
Old 03-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

I can't point you to any particular spot in SD, but I can tell you SD has alot of deer. I can also tell you that the people in SD are very nice. If you can make a few connections you can probably get permission to hunt on some private land. I've hunted pheasants in SD a couple of years now. The first year we hunted road ditches and public land and some private land (some local guys took us on the private land). Last season we had a couple thousand acres of private land to hunt. It didn't cost much either just a couple of small gifts and a very sincere thank you. Good Luck and don't rule outprivate land in SD!!!