Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisc. Outfitters >

Wisc. Outfitters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisc. Outfitters

Old 09-18-2005, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Wisc. Outfitters

Has anyone out there hunted with Bluff Country Outfitters in Alma Wisc?Headed out to hunt there this coming week, They lease over 5,000 acres and cater to bowhunters. Someone had said they were on a video, but I haven't been able to find it locally. I didn't pick the outfitter some guys I am going with did. They have a web site and I have talked with the outfitter, seems to be okay.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wisc. Outfitters

I have never hunted with them but I know Tom Indrebro has a good reputation. I have land a few miles away and I can tell you there are many big bucks in this area.......good luck, I will be on stand this week myself..........dabow
Old 09-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info. We are kinda tired of the small Michigan public land deer and looking for some shooters.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

i hunt just east of Modena. definately the place to be for big bucks
Old 09-19-2005, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

The big ones are there for sure. The outfitter your talking about has a reputation of taking alot of hunters. Probably too many. Money does that to outfitters. Maybe it won't be so packed this early. Good Luck
Old 09-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

He has us hunting a new farm they just bought that adjoins his leases/land. It's called the Dover farm about 20 miles or so away from main lodge. Anybody familiar with this? Our Mich. season doesn't open until Oct. 1st (we will be back in time) so I am not used to hunting in Sept. when deer are still in bachelor groups(or are they).Do you guys use calls or decoys or both?
Old 09-22-2005, 04:18 PM

Never hunted with Bluff County Outfitters but I hunt that area of WI and there are a lot of big dear. Indebro has a rep as having a lot of big deer and putting hunters on them. I check out his website occassionally and they get a lot of scouting pics of the big deer they have spotted . I have seen several TV hunters hunting on his leases on the Outdoor Channel. Good Luck
Old 09-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

Well I now have the true story, kinda received a bachelors degree in outfitters after six days with Indrebo. Our party was located on recently purchased property that they had leased before. We had five hunters in our party and we were not invited to hunt the main lodge (deer heaven). Our area consisted of about 340 acres of which 240 acres were soy beans and the wooded areas ran along the north and east sides. You had to cut across the beans to get on stand. All fifteen stands were located in a line about 80-100 yds apart along the north and east sides of the soy beans. It didn't take long for the deer to pattern us. We visited the main lodge on3 occassions. The first the day we arrived and were well received and shown around the main camp. We met our guide who then showed us to our hunt location and visited us once w/ Tom Indrebo at our camp. Our next visit was to pick up a double bull blind which the guide was to bring us. During that visit we were treated like second class citizens. Of course there was a lot going on, one guy had shot a 12 pt, 164" buck and the Summit treestand film crew was there. Our deer sighting rapidly diminsihed and to say the least we were not entirely happy. Our third visit to the lodge was the day before we left, raining like hell and not much going on. This time we actually were offered a meal, a chair and coffee, Tom sat with us and went over some strategy for our last hunt, at this time he told us we might want to check some stands LESS than a 1/4 mile away from us on the other side of the road where the standing corn was (duh). You could have knocked us over with a plastic vane, more area that we could have hunted that close to us! Tom did offer us an extra day, but we couldn't do it due to prior commitments and Michigans bow opener on Saturday. We basically ran out of the lodge, drove to the farm to shower and de-scent for the hunt. We headed out to the stands about 2:15 pm a little earlier than the stands we had been hunting all week. As I approached my stand there was a 10 pt. pope and young buck not 15 yards from the stand. He busted me and I continued to the stand, to spend the next 5 hrs. in total anticipation of his return, he came back in to the woods from the cornfield about 6:25 pm, seventy yards away. If you go to Bluff Country stay at the mainlodge and tell them you have a camera crew coming and it should be great. I would hunt the area we hunted again but only at the end of Oct. when bucks are chasing. The main lodge and Tom Indrebo's work there is nothing short of fantastic. But the main lodge is where you need to be.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:52 AM
Fork Horn

So I am assuming no-one got a deer? And also did you ask for a discounted price being you were not satisfied? I would have!!
Old 10-01-2005, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

One guy shot a small 8pt. No we are looking to negotiate a different pricing structure for a future hunt during late October next year.