Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois Firearm Deer Applications... >

Illinois Firearm Deer Applications...

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Firearm Deer Applications...

Old 01-31-2009, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Illinois Firearm Deer Applications...

Can you apply for multiple counties and/or Special Hunt Areas?
Old 02-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Illinois Firearm Deer Applications...

You get 2 choices on your application.

http://www.dnr.state.il.us/index.htm
Old 02-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lifesadrag

That is correct but, I wonder if he's asking for more than one county as in multiple permits? As far as I know DNR will be willing to take as much money as you want to send them. Say you want to send in for a Pope County permit for full season and then also say a Hardin County as well I suppose you could. Those two counties border each other so it would be logical to hunt both in a weekend, especially since there is Shawnee public land. Just remember your 2 buck limit. You might want to call DNR and get the right info though.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

ORIGINAL: lifesadrag

That is correct but, I wonder if he's asking for more than one county as in multiple permits? As far as I know DNR will be willing to take as much money as you want to send them. Say you want to send in for a Pope County permit for full season and then also say a Hardin County as well I suppose you could. Those two counties border each other so it would be logical to hunt both in a weekend, especially since there is Shawnee public land. Just remember your 2 buck limit. You might want to call DNR and get the right info though.
Yes multiple counties and/or hunting areas. I see some of the pro hunters talking about how they drew aCouny A , or CountyBor whatever county tags and you have to guess thatthey apply for numerous counties and then go with whatever outfitters want their name on tv.

I am pretty much stuck with hunting state land and in the past have only applied for one specific hunting area and having done so I havehad years where I did not get drawn and then have had to go and hunt stand-by. I want to apply for this same area for 1st and 2nd seasons as well as getting the same county tag to cover the late-season too.

I would like to apply for several of the different areas in my part of the state but I don't know if any or all of my mail in permits would be rejected.

Calling the DNR is a last resort. The days they do bother to answer the phones they don't know anything but what is available on line.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

From the regulations page 13, left side half way down....................

PERMIT LIMIT

No hunter may receive, or attempt to receive, more than one either sex firearm permit and one antlerless-only permit prior to the random daily drawing in September. Permits remaining after the lotteries are issued by random daily drawings until the county permit quotas are exhausted.

So you "Can't" apply for multiple permits (counties etc.) until the regular first and second lotteries are complete.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Don K

PERMIT LIMIT

No hunter may receive, or attempt to receive, more than one either sex firearm permit and one antlerless-only permit prior to the random daily drawing in September. Permits remaining after the lotteries are issued by random daily drawings until the county permit quotas are exhausted.

So you "Can't" apply for multiple permits (counties etc.) until the regular first and second lotteries are complete.

Sounds like there is your answer.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Look for number of permits issued to rise this next season. I'll bet there are going to be some changes to increase the harvests. The herd is getting out of control and something needs to be done pretty much pronto. If we as the custodians of the outdoors don't do something - disease will.

EAB at a minimum.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Don K

PERMIT LIMIT

You beat me too it, Don! He is correct. You can only can apply (and recieve) one either sex permit before the random daily drawings. Once the 2nd drawing is done you can apply for whatever counties you want. No matter how many permits you get you can only shoot two bucks total all year though. I had this question last year.