HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Illinois Firearm Deer Applications...
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Bowflex
Fork Horn

Default RE: Illinois Firearm Deer Applications...

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

ORIGINAL: lifesadrag

You get 2 choices on your application.

http://www.dnr.state.il.us/index.htm

That is correct but, I wonder if he's asking for more than one county as in multiple permits? As far as I know DNR will be willing to take as much money as you want to send them. Say you want to send in for a Pope County permit for full season and then also say a Hardin County as well I suppose you could. Those two counties border each other so it would be logical to hunt both in a weekend, especially since there is Shawnee public land. Just remember your 2 buck limit. You might want to call DNR and get the right info though.
Yes multiple counties and/or hunting areas. I see some of the pro hunters talking about how they drew aCouny A , or CountyBor whatever county tags and you have to guess thatthey apply for numerous counties and then go with whatever outfitters want their name on tv.

I am pretty much stuck with hunting state land and in the past have only applied for one specific hunting area and having done so I havehad years where I did not get drawn and then have had to go and hunt stand-by. I want to apply for this same area for 1st and 2nd seasons as well as getting the same county tag to cover the late-season too.

I would like to apply for several of the different areas in my part of the state but I don't know if any or all of my mail in permits would be rejected.

Calling the DNR is a last resort. The days they do bother to answer the phones they don't know anything but what is available on line.