Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Anyone ever hunt antelope in Nebaska >

Anyone ever hunt antelope in Nebaska

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Anyone ever hunt antelope in Nebaska

Old 12-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone ever hunt antelope in Nebaska

Looking at planning a antelope hunt for next year been looking at quite a few places I live in MN so am looking at SD NE and WY the North Souix unit in NW Nebraska looks good with lots of public area and sounds like decent numbers This will be a DIY hunt so just looking for any advice or first hand knowlege of the region.
Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-20-2008, 09:30 PM

Default RE: Anyone ever hunt antelope in Nebaska

I live in north central Nebraska, south of Valentine. Goats are kinda seen as a pest round here, and I know of quite a few ranchers that would probly let you hunt.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:48 PM

Anywhere in SD north of I-90 has some of the best goat hunting. Herds of 40+ are common to see and its nearly imposible to get turned down for private land. Not only that there is a ton of public and private (walk-in-land) to use. In harding county alone I belive the number of public accessable acres is around 140K. Not only that you can get up to 3 tags with one application. The population has expolded in that area with the recent light winters. Its to the point where they are crossing the Missouri River and we are seeing them in this area for the first time ever (Aurora Co). My dad is 51 and never seen one around the farm until this winter... Also to add to that your chances of taking a 14" plus buck are pretty good.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome thanks for the advice guys I am really pumped for next year I haven't ever hunted them before i am planning on bow hunting any advice would be greatly appreciated