Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Gander Mountain! >

Gander Mountain!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Gander Mountain!

Old 04-04-2003, 11:18 AM

Default Gander Mountain!

Finally us sporstmen in northern IL have a nice big hunting store we can go to in Geneva. Anyone been there yet? It' s awesome. Ive been to one other one in WI and this one beats it in every department.
Old 04-04-2003, 01:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-06-2003, 04:27 PM

Default RE: Gander Mountain!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I remember Cabelas had bought out Gander Mountain but is keeping the stores open under the original name. I used to shop in their store in Wi.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:39 AM

Cabela' s bought Gander' s mail order business. The retail stores are Gander Mountain. This is only what I have heard through the grapevine though.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gander used to be owned by the Holiday Gas station company, then I think Cub foods bought it?

Not sure
Old 04-07-2003, 10:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hunt, Fish, Camp. Gander Mountain is good for the hard to find item. A bit pricey! [:-]
Old 04-09-2003, 02:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Gander Mountain in Appleton is pretty pathetic!
Their in the process of building a new sheels at the Fox River Mall in Appleton that will have three levels and is supposed to be comparable to a cabelas with indoor shooting lanes. Grand opening is in June.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:37 AM

Gander in Geneva is very, very nice. Been there 4 times so far. 3,500 fishing poles, 2000 guns, 1000 sleeping bags, and 500 bows in stock. (I do question the bow part, but that is what they say) Not to mention the indoor pond to test drive canoes.
I used to go to the Wilmont store a few times a year, and this is much bigger and nicer.

On a side note, I recently heard that Cabelas basically bought Ganders catalog business for 10 years. My buddy told me that there was something on TV about the Gander store and this was mentioned. I have no idea if that is true or not.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

fI quess I can feel forunate to have 3 Cabelas stores within a 3 hour drive from the house. The one in Kanas City is awesome. Zeak
Old 04-09-2003, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

there are about 3 Gander Mountains in Milwaukee that I know of. they have a pretty good selection, even if they are a littel more expensive on the basic itmes like jigs, line, etc. Thoise item you can get at WalMart cheaper. However they do have the specialty items that are hard to find.

Quick Reply: Gander Mountain!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.