Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 WI members of the Orange Army >

WI members of the Orange Army

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WI members of the Orange Army

Old 11-18-2008, 07:10 AM

Default WI members of the Orange Army

Who's getting excited? A couple more days left fellas! I haven't been able to get out much this year with the bow, so though I favor my Parker, it will be nice to get out with trusty 30-30.

The past couple weeks have been a little stressful as there were a couple deaths in the family along with other family drama. My Uncle lost his father (not my grandfather) who has an absolute wonderful man to know and another great person, my great grandfather, just passed a couple days ago at the age of 96.

So this season has me looking forward to spending time with my father more than normal, as the thoughts of death and being without him linger in the wakes of these funerals. So to everyone who will be able to hunt with their father or another close family member, remember to never take it for granted and cherish every moment of it.

To everyone who will be going out on opening morning. Be safe, good luck, have some fun, and post lots 'o pics when you get back
Old 11-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WI members of the Orange Army

Sorry about your loses, hope things get better for you. Hope you have a safe wonderful hunt. Good luck and remember, theyll be there with you.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:58 PM

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Sorry about your loses, hope things get better for you. Hope you have a safe wonderful hunt. Good luck and remember, theyll be there with you.
Thank you for your kind words. I feel worse for many of my other family members - who aren't taking all of this as well. I just hope people take this as a reminder that family won't always be there (physically speaking), so take every chance you're offered to spend time with them.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:42 PM

Sorry for your loss Austin/WI, hope your season lessen's the pain. My Dad has Dementia, can no longer participate in even the most basic functions. We have not hunted together for the last15 years or sobecause of personaldifferences with my sons but I always figured it would iron itself out and we would eventually get back together again for a few hunts before he was too old. Life sure seems to slip by too quick, gone before you know it.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:49 AM

ORIGINAL: hunter7198
Life sure seems to slip by too quick, gone before you know it.

Sad but all too true. Good luck this season.