Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Ohio youth hunt >

Ohio youth hunt

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ohio youth hunt

Old 11-15-2008, 07:51 AM

Default Ohio youth hunt

Whos gone out next saturday for the youth hunt in Ohio? I'm taking my 15 yr old son out for his first real hunt, he went out and sat with me several years ago,but hegot cold and bailed out to granmmas house!! Anyways we are going to my father-n-laws place(he has 56 acres just outside of lancater) were we have been seeing lots of scrapes and rubs. Today if the rain lets up we are taking my pop-up blind over and setting it up so the deer will get used to it being there. GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ohio youth hunt

My family has shot a deer on youth weekend the last 3 years in a row. My brother shot a doe in 05', i shot a doe in 06' and we both shot BB's in 07'. Nothing too spectacular, but its a good streak we got going!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:21 PM

I'll be out on my property, not hunting though, but patrolling for youth trespassers. It's sad now a days you have to do such a thing but my neighbors around me can't read my no trespassing signs.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

I like the Ohio Youth hunt. I remember when it was first used, I was 15 or 16. But it's a good thing to do. Good luck to you youth hunters out there.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:35 AM
Spike

I'm taking my 9 year old son. This will be his first real hunting experience. I can't wait!
Old 11-20-2008, 06:38 AM
Spike

I'll be taking my 13 year old son out for his second season in Washington co. OH. He passed on a nice buck last year. It was about 45 yds with a poor angle and it was his decision and I couldn't have been more proud. He's taken some nice bucks on our farm in WV. He's shooting a 20 ga. Mossberg Deer Slayer/Bushnell 3x9x40. Good Luck to all the young hunters this weekend!!!
Old 11-22-2008, 08:49 PM

Well I am hating this youth gun season in the flat ground up here in northwest ohio... Apparently people have the nerve to show their kids not to follow the rules. I went out this morning with the bow with a friend to hope to see if any people would move deer in a different part of the county. Well I got home and some people had the nerve to be on my uncles ground that only my father, cousin and I can hunt. I questioned the boy that was there, to add without an adult, said he didnt know if they had permission. So I casually told him that he best be leaving. Well them people have had the nerve to be back on the ground and drop kids without adults. I am totally for youth hunting but when people bring up there kids to hunt like this it makes cringe. I never hunted when I was young but I learned from bowhunting there is more to antler, Its the thrill and time spent in the outdoors. BTW Game warden know the situation, and this is only one encounter that occured with them today. Tommorow begins day to and this time the sheriffs department is number one on the speed dial.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Skunked. My brothers best friend shot a doe, but my family didn't even see a deer.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:07 PM

i killed 2 button, bucks
Old 11-24-2008, 02:40 PM

full blown did you get those 2 button bucks in ohio?

Quick Reply: Ohio youth hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.