Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 LAKE HOPE / VINTON COUNTY >

LAKE HOPE / VINTON COUNTY

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

LAKE HOPE / VINTON COUNTY

Old 11-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default LAKE HOPE / VINTON COUNTY

HEY GUYS,

I HAD A TRIP PLANNED FOR OHIO THIS YEAR, BUT MY BUDDIES BACKED OUT. JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAD ANY SUCCESS IN THE LAKE HOPE / VINTON COUNTY AREA...THANKS

KC
Old 11-02-2008, 04:44 PM

Default RE: LAKE HOPE / VINTON COUNTY

ABSOLUTELY !!!! I have had the opportunity last year and again this year of hunting that excact area. And frankly ive never had more fun / seen more deer then here. Last year was my first year and i may have treated it a bit more like a party/vacation than i should have. Lesson learned though i was a bit off my game due to late night bs sessions around the fire, too many beers etc. But i still seen many many deer just couldnt capitalize. There is a group of about 5-6 of us leaving the 9 - 15to hunt there we have rented the same cabin we did last year about 5 miles north of the lake on 278. We should have plenty of room if your up to it , hate to see your budsd backin out screw you out of hunting this area ! our cabin actually slleep8-9 people we couldnt fill it with enough die hards this year.At any rate (take me up on my offer or not) if you travel south on 278 to the town of zaleski which is maybe5 miles south of the lake turn left and travel through the towm (approx 300 yds) you come to a bridge cross it and turn left on that road (raccoon creek road) you not only get away from all the guys hunting around the lake area which isnt too many - but we have found these lowlands/creek/marsh area to be EXCELLENT!!! for what ever reason theres nobody ever there ? all the guys scored last year here after a rough start north near the lake huntin ridges and saddles. Of coarse this is highly restricted info ! lol PM me with questions or whatever / wanna stay at camp weve got room. this year we hope to find some acreage to call our own there i love that place !
Old 11-02-2008, 05:38 PM

my bad pahunter - well be there the 5-16 nov. i wont be there personaly till 9-10
Old 11-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

i hunt in vinton county, a lot of action happeneing right now and i should be at the peak by the time you guys get there, good luck boys
Old 11-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

DAVE37,

THANKS FOR THE INVITE...HOWEVER, DUE TO EVERYONE BACKING OUT I HAD TO CANCEL OUR RESERVATIONS...BUT, I ALREADY BOOKED A CABIN FOR 2009. I REALLY LOVE THAT AREA AND I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT ALL THE FOLKS IN OHIO. HERE IN PA ALL THE HUNTERS ARE VERY IGNORANT, THEY WOULD NEVER SHARE INFO ON HUNTING SPOTS LIKE YOU DID... I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT NEXT YEAR...GODD LUCK AND THANKS,

KC
Old 11-08-2008, 08:11 PM

Hunted my 100 acres not too far from the forest and seen good rutting activity yesterday before the rain.