Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 i have WI hunters safety do I need on in MN to? >

i have WI hunters safety do I need on in MN to?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

i have WI hunters safety do I need on in MN to?

Old 10-04-2008, 10:23 AM

Default i have WI hunters safety do I need on in MN to?

I just went to the store to get a small game lisence in MN and they told me I needed to take huntere safety in MN. I have had my hunters safety course taken in WI and have hunted in WI and other states with no problem. Do I really need to retake the course IN minnesota to hunt in minnesota? Sounds strange to me. Help... DNR is closed today so I couldn't call.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: i have WI hunters safety do I need on in MN to?

They should honor yours!! They do in all the other states that I have been to.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had to get one for a special Bowhunt MANY years ago-I am old & exempt.
But, I have shown it in Ill., Iowa, Ws., Mn., Tx., Co., N.Mex. & I am sure others with no problems. I think they are supposed to be honored in any state. Go to a different shop.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

What ahunter55 said...go to a different store. Heck, go to Wallyworld. They are supposed to honor Hunter Safety from any state. I have NEVER seen a place that wouldn't honor another states. I did have a little bit of an issue years ago in Colorade because mine card (from the late 60's early 70's) says FIREARM SAFETY instead of hunter safety. They finally figured it was good enough though and that is the only problem I have ever had hunting all over the US.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

The scary thing is that I took my Hunters Safety back in 1990 and I have never had it checked in any state that I have hunted. Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Kansas, Wyoming and a few others. The closest I ever have ever been was buying my deer tags for the 1st time in Wisconsin. I went to get them Over the counter and had forgot my hunters safety card in my car. The Clerk just said he'd throw in any 9 digit number. I was running late so If it worked, fine with me. My buddies the day before had the same thing happen but at a different store. With many states doing OTC on hunting licenses at any general store, I think these clerks are forgetting about it or just don't care, at least thats what I have seen. I hope other people have had different experiences. In general though, you should be fine, most state laws say that any state firearm course in the nation is sufficient for there state.