Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Rally

Old 03-23-2003, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Illinois Rally

JRW i understand what your saying but you need to read the fine print on this bill very closely and as far as mis information goes somtimes you need to rattle the cages abit to get action had they (nre & isra) this bill is a gun grab with out a doubt but it' s not that bad as portreyed in your posts how may people do you think would pull their heads out of the sand to take this stand and fight for our rights your focusing on shotguns what about rifles the way it sounds my ruger 10/22 would be outlawed because it' s not a tube mag. and it will accept the 30 round mags. i have for it. some people choose to fire military style weopons just because they like to and they do hunt with them. These confiscations would be with out compensation. if they want my guns so bad they can pay the price i set on them and then do what ever they want with them then I will just go and buy more.
As far as misinformation goes I had not heard of this bill till it was almost to late the scum who fathered this bill keeps it quiet hoping no one will notice till it' s to late They don' t want the people to know what they are doing till we can' t rally in defense of our rights and once it' s passed then it' s really to late
Old 03-23-2003, 06:37 PM

Hey guys, I' m just stating the facts. I' m a member of the NRA, but that doesn' t mean I have to agree with some of there tactics. As I said in my original post, I don' t like the fact the the state, err Chicago, is trying to tell us law abiding citizens what guns we can and cannot own, but this bill does not mean the end of hunting as the NRA is claiming.

I' m glad the NRA is willing to lobby to fight this bill, but I would appreciate it if they wouldn' t use lies to garner attention to it. Aren' t the true facts enough to scare people? As it is, this bill will negatively affect the states economy by forcing gun manufacturers to cease producing the banned firearms, intern cutting jobs. The fact that this bill lays the ground work for future actions is also very disturbing.

Telling lies to garner support for your actions is stooping to the level of the antis.
Old 04-05-2003, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

sven & jrw you make good points but you also need to remember who would be interpriting these bills.
go to the isra web site there are more out there right now than this and some are just as bad but there are also afew good gun bills out there.
The NRA is great but they don' t put forth the effort on the state levellike they should (my opinion) but the isra is a state of ILL only outfit and that' s where they do the work check out thier site it' s www.isra.org I grew up with the pres. he' s always be pretty straight up if you really want to take a stand that will make a difference hook up with them
Old 04-07-2003, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, Hoss....I knew you were old, but dang. Richie is an old timer[]

I will agree with hoss on this one. I also know the president personally. We live in the same town of about 1300 people. He has always given straight answers when I have talked to him. He was even at the Deer & Turkey Classic handing out pamphlets about our govenor. Some of you may have seen him there. His office for the ISRA is on main street of my gigantic town and my neighbor works for him. Contact him with any questions, and if you don' t hear from him....let me know. I will personally go and ask him why he didn' t respond!
Old 04-08-2003, 03:51 AM
Fork Horn

bowman I' m not that old remember it' s the milage not the age